POC Cortex Flow vs. One Industries Gamma
One Gamma manufacturer description:
- Dual density EPS liner inserts
- Large intake and exhaust vents and fully channeled liner
- Snap in comfort liner and cheek pads
- Moisture wicking Nylex comfort liner
- Enlarged eye port
- Unique 2-position visor adjustment.
- Pre-preg, reinforced fiberglass
- Superior impact protection with progressive energy absorbing inserts
- Increased cooling from flow-through ventilation
- Easily cleaned
- Plush comfort with moisture management liner
- Large peripheral visibility. Great goggle fitment
- ECE/DOT 1325g
POC Cortex Flow manufacturer description:
- A generously ventilated full face helmet with an outer shell made of fiber glass. The fiber glass shell is slightly heavier than carbon fiber but on the other hand, it is more durable. The liner is made of multi-impact EPP, which means that the helmet withstands numerous crashes without having to be replaced, s would any other EPS helmet. The open vents allow more air to flow through the helmet, increasing the user comfort. So, for all those fearless riders out there eating dirt, this should be their choice. Sizes: S/M, M/L & L/XL.
whichever one fits better, duh...
i'd be more inclined to go with the One Industries Gamma then. it seems like a much better helmet...
Yeah but there's also the weight factor. The cortex weighs 350g less
The gamma feels more plush and solid but its also a lil bulky, has a larger profile, and weighs 1350g
The cortex is lighter at 1000g and lower profile..
in the end, it's your brain that you are trying to protect. to me, my brain is worth a lot more than 350 extra grams...
Big difference is in the type of foam used.
Gama is EPS foam - basically one good hit and replace. EPS tends to crack, and deform permanently.
C-Flow is EPP foram - multi-hit capable. EPP tends to bounce back and is capable of absorbing multiple impacts.
A Dirtbag since 1969.
A Knomer since 2007.
RM Slayer . . .
By DennisF in forum North & South Carolina
Last Post: 03-24-2013, 05:54 PM
By westin in forum Where are the Best Deals?
Last Post: 10-30-2012, 09:34 PM
By LyNx in forum General Discussion
Last Post: 11-08-2011, 08:42 AM
By LyNx in forum The ReCycle Bin
Last Post: 07-08-2011, 09:45 AM
By kdiff in forum Downhill - Freeride
Last Post: 01-11-2011, 08:53 AM