mtbr member

Headset for my new glory and chain guide Question

Hey,

I just bought a glory frame used, and it didnt come with the headset bearings or anything, just the cups. Is there a single headset that I can buy for the glory, or do I have to mix and match two different ones to make it work?

Also is the Chain guide ISCG or ISCG 05?

Meh.
    Gravity makes a tapered and a tapered reducer headset. You can order Cane Creek top and bottom cups individually.

Former Ninja
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Gravity makes a tapered and a tapered reducer headset. You can order Cane Creek top and bottom cups individually.

I'll save you 5 minutes with the ruler and tell you that Giant uses ISCG-OLD on all their bikes.

I'd personally do somthing like the SRS+ for that bike. Set and forget.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL

thanks, i'll look into that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Funny I just did the same thing. I ordered a set of e.13 reducer cups, will be popping out the lower cup and throwing one of those in. Then all you need for a headset is an integrated headset, just bearings basically. like an IS-8. the upper cup you would just reuse and then drop in the upper bearing from the IS-8.

Like Phil said, ISCG old.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dagmz6s
    Funny I just did the same thing. I ordered a set of e.13 reducer cups, will be popping out the lower cup and throwing one of those in. Then all you need for a headset is an integrated headset, just bearings basically. like an IS-8. the upper cup you would just reuse and then drop in the upper bearing from the IS-8.

Like Phil said, ISCG old.
    Damn, thats a good idea, I wish you could have given me that idea about 5 hours ago before I had ordered a Gravity sxe mixed tapered and integrated.

Glad to Be Alive
    thank me later and get an FSA orbitz
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days