mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Havoc in Rear and Haven in Front... yay or nay

I get a discount on Easton wheels and am ready to upgrade to a stronger wheel. I want the Havocs front and rear but my Fox Float is a 15mm axle and the Havoc are 20mm. Anyone know if there's a conversion kit for this? The Haven though is 15mm so thats why I'm thinking of running that in the front but am curious to what other opinions are out there.

The concerns I have are mostly with the Haven (the Havocs are pretty solid from what I've seen), since the front gets pounded I'm not sure if it's he best thing for the front. I know the back takes a beating too. The haven carbon would be nice for the rear (lighten the pedaling force), anyone know how much abuse the Haven Carbon can take? They're the current 2012 products FYI.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Haven carbon

Dh and freeride is not the intended application for them but Easton used to back the Haven carbon wheels with a 2yr no questions asked replacement, don't know if they still do.
    Last edited by danglingmanhood; 05-21-2012 at 11:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozedeyez20 View Post
    I get a discount on Easton wheels and am ready to upgrade to a stronger wheel. I want the Havocs front and rear but my Fox Float is a 15mm axle and the Havoc are 20mm. Anyone know if there's a conversion kit for this? The Haven though is 15mm so thats why I'm thinking of running that in the front but am curious to what other opinions are out there.

The concerns I have are mostly with the Haven (the Havocs are pretty solid from what I've seen), since the front gets pounded I'm not sure if it's he best thing for the front. I know the back takes a beating too. The haven carbon would be nice for the rear (lighten the pedaling force), anyone know how much abuse the Haven Carbon can take? They're the current 2012 products FYI.
    Ay luck finding the adapter?

obsessive
    I scoured the earth for a 15mm adapter for my Havocs. Eventually, I did find one... but it took a ton of legwork. Order from Canada or Europe if you have to.
    Go out and ride your bike

mtbr member
    Easton make them for sure, but not easy to find