mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Have a Nomad C, looking at a 2009 Demo 7 II as a dedicated shuttle/park rig. ?'s

I've got a carbon Nomad as my all around, all mountain rig. LBS has a Demo 7 II, 2009 at a decent price.

I'd like to get a dedicated shuttle dh/park bike but not something that will overlap with the Nomad C. The Nomad is capable versatile rig, but I'd like to get something more single minded for days at the park, or shuttling trails.

Stock, the Demo 7 II runs a single crown Totem, DHX 5.0. I know on paper, the two bikes are different. Of course, I'm not gonna log miles on a Demo like I do the Nomad, but for any of you with ride time on both, or similar bikes, any info you can give?

Thanks!

Moose Member
    if you already have a nomad, and you want something for shuttling/park, why not go all out and get a 8" travel DH bike?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
    if you already have a nomad, and you want something for shuttling/park, why not go all out and get a 8" travel DH bike?
    True. That's probably what I should be looking for. Cut out the in between, and just go for a full on DH set up.

Just wasn't sure where the Demo 7 lies in the grand scheme of things. If it's more of a transition out of All Mountain/Freeride, into DH. Then I'd rather just go all in, and get a dedicated DH ride.

thx!

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    I see a lot of used Demo 7s for sale at decent prices, are they THAT much more of a FR bike than the Demo 8?
    I've been eyeing one for N* and Mammoth...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fgiraffe View Post
    I see a lot of used Demo 7s for sale at decent prices, are they THAT much more of a FR bike than the Demo 8?
    I've been eyeing one for N* and Mammoth...
    Same. Looking at a single purpose bike for N*, parts in between, DH trails etc etc..

Demo 7's seem to be abundant on the used market, which is what got me thinking...

mtbr member
    Buy the Demo 7, remove the spacer from the DHX 5.0, and BAM, you have a great frame with 8" travel and a great single crown fork.

I had a 2009 Demo 7 for a while and it was a great bike, and definitely more DH oriented compared to my 2008 SX Trail.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyg55 View Post
    Buy the Demo 7, remove the spacer from the DHX 5.0, and BAM, you have a great frame with 8" travel and a great single crown fork.

I had a 2009 Demo 7 for a while and it was a great bike, and definitely more DH oriented compared to my 2008 SX Trail.
    What he said. Look at the geo difference between the Nomad and Demo. Demo is lower, slacker, longer. It's most definitely a DH bike. The Totem is a helluva fork
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Thought I would chime in. Why would you want to have a single crown "dh" bike? Dude, if you have a nomad then you already have a capable all mountain and light DH bike. After a season of riding my nomad doing mostly shuttle runs and whistler, I sold it and bought a full on DH bike...Cove Shocker with fox 40. I couldn't be happier.

If your going to get a shuttle sled...then get a full on shuttle sled. 7-8" with a dual crown. Have you looked at the Cove STD or Shocker? I saw one on CL locally for like $2500.

Besides, even though the Demo's are immensely popular, they are sooo damn ugly with that whole "two rear triangle thing" going on.
    Cleverly disguised as an adult

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    sooo damn ugly
    Forget the geometry, some of those paintjobs are criminal!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fgiraffe View Post
    Forget the geometry, some of those paintjobs are criminal!

I have no idea what your talking about?

I actually prefer a bike that says " while your down there, stick two fingers in my butt"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cleverly disguised as an adult