Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Glad to Be Alive

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour

I stopped by Hadley cause I thought I had a problem with my rear hub (I didn't)

Said Hello to Sue Hadley (she is always so nice when talking with her on phone)

I told Mike Hadley about a little problem I was having and he took my hub and rebuilt it on the spot (he was even leaving on vacation the next day). I was blown away by the customer service.

[SIZE="6"]Bottom Line: I will never ride a bike without Hadley Hubs on it[/SIZE]

Here is Mike and how they start out making stuff ...Love this company every time I deal with them.....another customer service thumbs up....before going to Whistler, I messed up some bearing riding a river in Redding and the NorthShore (they need to get water off the trail instead of just following down the trail). I shipped it one night they got it in morning and then shipped it back the next day. I was without my rims 1 full day (just insane-Highly recommend them)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-020.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-036.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-021.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-025.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-026.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-034.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-035.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-022.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-023.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-024.jpg  

the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    more............Love the red
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-028.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-029.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-030.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-031.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-033.jpg  

Hadley Hubs Factory Tour-picture-032.jpg  

Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 10-27-2009 at 05:51 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    more............
    Where???

ready to ride
    more what?

cool it would be nice to have enough $ for new hubs
    N* = <3 <3]

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ridefreeride
    more what?

cool it would be nice to have enough $ for new hubs

yep buy cheaper hubs and then replace it, and then replace them again......My Hadley Hubs been going strong for over 7 years. think about the price and divide by 7 heck divide by 10 years because I will still ride these for 3 more years and I am 220 with gear jumping stuff all the time like this.

Bottom line: Hadley Hubs last a long time and in the long run they are cheaper then those discounted other hubs after you replace them a few times and not worth the headache either.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 10-27-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Meh.
    Very cool. I wish I still had my Hadley hubs.

My Ringles are okay...

Equal opportunity meanie
    Totally top notch stuff with Hadley. US made too.

I have only dealt with them on the phone, and they got me what I needed fast at no cost. Between that and the serviceability of their products and how they perform, no need to consider anything else. Those are products that you keep from bike to bike because they're just too nice to part with. I have an extra wheel that I can't use right now that is a 150mm Hadley. I COULD sell it for quite a bit...but I won't. I'll need a 150mm wheel at some point, and that's going to be it. You really don't see many of those being sold used for a reason...

FReak
    Does Hadley have a website?
    2010 Specialized Demo 8 II (Upgraded to II from I)
    2008 Specialized Enduro SL Expert

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I gotta say bob, this is one of the most useful threads I've seen from you.

ride like you stole it
    Nov 2007
    Yea, I'd love to have those hubs but they're a little out of my price range. Seems like they're definitely worth what they cost though.
    I lubed my disc brakes because they squeaked.
    Man was that fun to work out

GAME ON!
    where is the marzocchi factory tour thread?
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by FROGMAN524
    Does Hadley have a website?
    Nope...they are thinking of it

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by spcarter
    Yea, I'd love to have those hubs but they're a little out of my price range. Seems like they're definitely worth what they cost though.

read my post above to this subject...they are actually cheaper in the long run...

BUY USA BUY HADLY

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    I stopped by Hadley cause I thought I had a problem with my rear hub (I didn't)
    Why did you think you had a problem???.....please extrapolate.

FWIW I'm a huge Hadley fan...had one for 4 years with ZERO maintenance and ZERO problems. To me, that's a must-have product. Just curious what problem you (thought) were having.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Why did you think you had a problem???.....please extrapolate.

FWIW I'm a huge Hadley fan...had one for 4 years with ZERO maintenance and ZERO problems. To me, that's a must-have product. Just curious what problem you (thought) were having.

I bought a new M-3 , a large to replace my medium... I don't know if is powdercoater otr what but my rear end is just chattering like something is real loose

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    I bought a new M-3 , a large to replace my medium... I don't know if is powdercoater otr what but my rear end is just chattering like something is real loose
    So did Hadley fix something? Or was it the Intense rear end or the powdercoater? I'd like to know because I've owned both.

mtbr member
    nice stuff!

ride.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    So did Hadley fix something? Or was it the Intense rear end or the powdercoater? I'd like to know because I've owned both.
    still have problem and can't find it......if I was a betting man I would blame powdercoaters(not powdercoaters that Intense uses)

I will find out this week......tomorrow I try another rim. If that doesn't stop the loose feel then I will try replacing rear triangle(I still have medium M-3)...just eliminating where it came from

Powdercoaters didn't tape off rear or bearing holes....then sanded away powdercoating...I think they did too much....we will see....Just have not had enought time because I have been riding a lot on trips this summer and been very busy....

Seeeriously easy Livin
    Mr. Hadley is giving you quite the stare down in that picture

gotta love your small local machine shop companies, their layout looks just like a shop I used to work at, they employ a lot of good guys, that you would probably meet out riding.

mtbr member
    May 2006

It's probually the marbell we put down your seat tube last summer. Figured it start rattling sooner or later!
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    did they make you empty your pockets on the way out?

mtbr member
    May 2004

[SIZE="2"]Bottom Line: I will never ride a bike without Hadley Hubs on it[/SIZE]
    You sure do like to make absolute statements...how is that working out for you?

Thanks for the pics from the tour!

the refurbished one
    cool, thanks for posting that!

does hadley produce sth besides mtb hubs?

thanks
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

mtbr member

Excellent CS from Hadley

Just got off the phone w/Sue from Hadley. She was friendly and knowledgeable as usual, and is sending out the parts I need to rebuild my 4 year old rear hub... completely free of charge.

Once in a while you come across a company that puts out a top notch product, and then stands behind it exceeding all expectations.

Hadley is definitely on that short list.

Living the High Life
    My Commencal developed a chatter part of the way through the year and I checked the hub, bearings, frame, spokes, rims and couldn't find anything. Then I realized that it only happened in lower gears. I had bent my derailleur hanger at when I was in a low gear the derailleur was hitting the spokes.

That may not be what happened to you, but just some advice to look in places you didn't expect. I didn't think a bent hanger would cause a metal tinking noise, but it did in a round about way.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast