Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hadleys rock and the company takes care of their customers.

Once you buy a Hadley you are hooked. The engagement is sweet, no drag, and they last forever. I have a 7 year old Hadley front hub. Have a 5 year old rear that has lasted bike after bike and rim after rim. Thanks for the virtual tour!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    You sure do like to make absolute statements...how is that working out for you?

Thanks for the pics from the tour!
    I am back at 205 /....still recovering and trying to get mt drops and jumping back in order
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    did they make you empty your pockets on the way out?
    nah....but I love those red hubs
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    nah....but I love those red hubs
    I love GOLD! I have a set of the blue ones laced to a set of baby blue powdercoated 823's, they are BEAUTIFUL! The red would look sick on that Intense of yours though

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I love companies which actually make stuff rather than just branding someone elses work. Great post, thanks!
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    How does a Hadley work out cheaper than say, a Hope? Pro2s are probably half the price and Hope have just as good customer service.

Equal opportunity meanie
    They're cheaper because you don't need to replace the wimpy leaf springs and pawls that break in the Hopes all the damn time.

Meh.
    Pro2 is not that much cheaper than Hadley.

On Jenson, the Hadley rear runs for 269. The Hope Pro2 rear runs for 239.

mtbr member
    I would take the Hadleys over the Pro IIs. Weight isn't everything, especially that small of a difference. I've been trying out some Hadleys for a review for months, and I am really, REALLY impressed with them. Its not that they are particularly ground breaking in thier design, its just that they are done really, really well. They're light enough, they're easily convertable, they come in pretty colors, and they perform brilliantly. They're also super easy to maintain. The Hopes have most of those qualities as well, but to me they don't feel as solid, and the engagement is less then inspiring. Its not that the Hopes are a bad hub by any means, not in the least. I just prefer what Hadley is doing.
    Stuff.

Now with More Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    They're cheaper because you don't need to replace the wimpy leaf springs and pawls that break in the Hopes all the damn time.
    H*ll yeah. I love my Hope Pro 2s, but I do wish they'd stop eating wimpy leaf springs like they were going out of fashion. I have yet to break any pawls (although when I replace above-mentioned wimpy leaf springs, I typically just get the whole spring/pawl kit and replace the works, maybe that's why).

Now with More Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    It's probually the marbell we put down your seat tube last summer. Figured it start rattling sooner or later!
    A marbell huh? Is that like a barbell's little sister or sumpin?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I have a hard time selling older bikes in my quiver because they all run Hadleys... I have to find a cheaper wheelset just to sell the bike!

Thanks for the thread Bob...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Learn how to take better pics SMt

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I am back at 205 /....still recovering and trying to get mt drops and jumping back in order
    I know it man, I am just giving you a hard time!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by boogenman
    Learn how to take better pics SMt
    I was too giddy looking at all the bling bling to worry about pics..I was like after Thanksgiving Dinner with a meal and a few beers just comatose. ..your lucky I even took pics....I wanted I wanted
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 10-29-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    I know it man, I am just giving you a hard time!
    not worried...all good

mtbr member
    I have had Hadley's for 4 years on two bikes, great hubs, very solid and have awesome engagement. My new AM build however I went with Hope Pro II's, price was too good to pass up, I "hope" I don't regret it though

mtbr member
    I was too giddy looking at all the bling bling to worry about pics..I was like after Thanksgiving Dinner with a meal and a few beers just comatose. ..your lucky I even took pics....I wanted I wanted
    If it was me it would have been like when Homer visited the "land of chocolate."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    I have a hard time selling older bikes in my quiver because they all run Hadleys... I have to find a cheaper wheelset just to sell the bike!

HA! I do the same.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086
    HA! I do the same.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy

exactly why I have been riding Hadley's and 823's for a long time...I just buy a wheelset and sale the bike and keep the old faithful Hadleys

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Love Hadleys though I sold my last set with the bike- should have kept the hubs. I run Kings now but Hadleys rock and I'd use them as well. Nice to see them thinking about a website.

mtbr member
    I bought a new M-3 , a large to replace my medium... I don't know if is powdercoater otr what but my rear end is just chattering like something is real loose
    Shiver, when you reinstalled the dropouts after the powdercoating, did you used the right thickness washers between the rear triangle and the DOs? Without them the DOs kind of tighten down but you will feel play in there when you ride.

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy

I made the awful mistake of selling a hadley rear wheel SEPARATELY when I was parting out a bike. Boy was I dumb back then...

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by iRider
    Shiver, when you reinstalled the dropouts after the powdercoating, did you used the right thickness washers between the rear triangle and the DOs? Without them the DOs kind of tighten down but you will feel play in there when you ride.

Yeah I did use the washers there

AKA shitbird
    I've been rolling Hadley's for awhile now and they've been great. Funny thing though that's been happening lately, evidently the sound the freewheel makes when coasting is identical to that of air blowing out of a tire. The other day me and some buds are ripping down a trail at speed and my friend right behind me yells "F_ck!, flat!" So we stop and nothing is wrong, he swears he heard the air hissing out his front tire. Later the day another friend "Ahh ****, you're losing air".....I stop, nothing wrong.

Since then this is happening more and more often, makes me laugh.
    JRA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast