Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F. View Post
    I think Specialized is teamed up with Scram for their components packages, so he'll more than likely will be running a boxer.
    I know that's how it's been, but somewhere in one of the Gwin threads it said he's supported with frame and tires by Spec, so I took that to mean he's on all his old stuff prior. Although he signed with TLD recently I saw so who knows what will happen.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

Slap happy crappiness
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    I know that's how it's been, but somewhere in one of the Gwin threads it said he's supported with frame and tires by Spec, so I took that to mean he's on all his old stuff prior. Although he signed with TLD recently I saw so who knows what will happen.
    You're right Specialized is providing him with frame and tires like you said, but Fox and Shimano were sponsors of TWR, not specifically Gwin, so technically it's still up in the air. Same goes for his new deal with TLD, Gwin himself was not sponsored Royal Racing, Trek World Racing factory team was, so now that Gwin is no longer part of TWR, he is free to make independent deals with other clothing companies.
    Also, as mentioned above, Trek World Racing and Trek are two sperate entities. TWR is owned by Martin Whiteley and his company 23 Degrees. Trek would be wise to distinse themselves from TWR and pull their frame sponsorship after MW's mud slinging.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie7 View Post
    did you read Gwin's statement.. he never signed and they never came to terms with what was agreed..
    Yes, it's a load of horseshit.

Did Gwin Breach His Contract With Trek World Racing? - Pinkbike

Trek is considering suing Gwin.
    Last edited by SV11; 01-10-2013 at 01:05 AM.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    At this point who knows what exactly happened. And apparently the full details can't be revealed so we just have to wait and see.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    TWR is acutally giving Trek a bad name.

SV11 - TWR is the one planning on suing not Trek.
    Folangag

Uphill? What's that
    Quote Originally Posted by the.vault View Post
    A lot of this isn't Trek but rather Trek World Racing which separate from Trek. They do share the name.

I can't imagine Trek is happy about how Trek World Racing is acting. An employer publicly threatening to sue a former employee, who quit, doesn't garner much good will.
    You are right ..it is TWR who is being unprofessional.Trek needs to put them in their place and tell them to get it together.. TWR is going to give Trek a bad name and cost them more sales than Gwin leaving.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzeon View Post
    TWR is acutally giving Trek a bad name.

SV11 - TWR is the one planning on suing not Trek.
    Either Trek or TWR is considering suing Gwin.
    My understanding is that it's Trek. I know TWR is the obvious, I could be wrong.
    Either way, TWR is left in a pretty shyte position with comps and camps a couple of months away.
    I may have to offer my services.
    Last edited by SV11; 01-10-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Slap happy crappiness
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    Either Trek or TWR is considering suing Gwin.
    My understanding is that it's Trek. I know TWR is the obvious, I could be wrong.
    Either way, TWR is left in a pretty shyte position with comps and camps a couple of months away.
    No, TWR is the only entity considering legal action. Trek Bicycles has said absolutely NOTHING on this matter. Trek Bicycles is just the title sponsor of Trek World Racing, which is owned and operated by Marten Whiteley and 23 Degrees.
    TWR screwed themselves if you ask me. I'm not a Gwin fan by most measures, but from what the public knows he seems to be the better man in this debacle. If Martin Whiteley/TWR would have just kept their mouths shut and not acted like a broken hearted high school drama queen, both parties probably could have walked away unscathed.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    DHgnaR, thanks for clarifying.
    That statement from 23 degrees is pretty damming, to what extent I would not want to guess.
    I'm referring to my link.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Not sure how the law works in the States, but under British-based legal systems he'd be left wide open to legal action under the principle of estoppel (which also exists under US law, but I'm not sure how).

That he allowed Trek to proceed with all their publicity after the letter of intent without contradicting them sounds like it falls under this principle.

(Note, there is not enough info in the public domain to really know this, and I'm not a lawyer, I've just casually taken legal courses).

Uphill? What's that
    Looks like there will be no legal action taken against Gwin. Whiteley of TWR just announced in an interview with P.B. that what's done is done. I have a feeling that TWR panicked when Aaron left because alot of their sponsorships where dependent on having Gwin being part of TWC. Glad to see that both Gwin and TWC can concentrate on racing and forget about legal BS.
    Last edited by Rob-Bob; 01-12-2013 at 05:03 PM.

beater
    It does seem that things are settling down. Not to keep this going, but here's the Gwin interview from VitalMTB:

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/featu...7063/sspomer,2
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Gwin goes to Special-Ed...-image.jpg

It looks like Gwin is staying with Fox but moved to SRAM....no more brake failures for him...
    Last edited by Katana; 03-19-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    my B+W landscape photos ....www.f45.com

bike rider
    Wow, he's been one of Shimano's main guys for many years. That's nearly as big a move as if he left Fox. I gotta say, after the last year having him switch to your company's frame is kind of a risky proposition. He might keep on winning and bring you great exposure or his competition could improve and his dominance could end. Then everyone questions whether the Demo is as fast as the Session.
    Keep the Country country.

Uphill? What's that
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    SRAM....no more brake failures ...
    That's a sentence i never thought I would read.

www.derbyrims.com

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    I don't know this for sure, but I'm guessing he wasn't going full speed so he didn't risk injury on some nonsense race. Just shows how fast he is, because he nearly beats everyone without running 100% (assuming he's not going full speed)
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Isn't this Logan's home course? He was born and raised near there, wasn't he? I believe this is his stompin grounds which makes sense why he won.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Mikey Sylvestri 2 seconds back in 3rd! Nice!

bike rider
    Remember Sylvestri beat Minnaar, Hanna, ect at the 2011 Sol Vista Triple Dip Stage 1.
    Keep the Country country.

Dirt Bike Craig
    Gwin goes to Special-Ed...-230005_4775008289060_1418251415_n.jpg

Gwin looked pretty good over the weekend.
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

dwt
    mtbr member

Gwin goes to Special-Ed...

KHS did put its money where it's mouth is with the 27.5" platform, Binggeli 1st; Aiello 5th. Season will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

Dirt Bike Craig
    It was close though...only 0.16 of a second

Reaper Madness/Pro GRT Round #1 Recap - Pinkbike
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

www.derbyrims.com
    A Specialized carbon bike won a pro DH race in Fontana this weekend, except it was a 29'er. Gwin was second on a Demo.

Mitch Ropelato Wins Easter Sunday PRO GRT Downhill Event on a 29er | News | mountain-bike-action

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    cool photo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast