Thread: GT iT1

If you won't build I will

GT iT1

I getting killer deal on one, any thoughts on it? Anyone own one? I have riden Ray's at his bike park, seemed like a sweet ride, but that was in an old factory that was made into a bike park with no real hills... but it was fun on the shore stunts.

Capricious youth...
    They're actually not bad bikes at all. Especially with the build that they come with. The last one I saw was a 2006 edition that was at a Performance (Super-Go) in Mountain View, California. Hope brakes, Fox 40, DHX 5.0 Coil, and when they ended up selling that bike I think they cleared it out for something ridiculous like $2,350 or something.

With that said, if you get a truly killer deal on it, then go for it. It's not a bad bike. The 8-spd. Nexus style hub isn't ideal for climbing, but for downhill it's not bad. The main thing is that the gear spread isn't too good. It's okay for freeride, and even light downhill, but it's not geared as a race bike. The lowest gear also isn't quite geared for climbing, although it's manageable.

Either way, it's one of the first big-company marketed internal-drivetrain bikes, and it looks really cool too.

I like them, despite being a DW-link fanatic.
    Meh.

Capricious youth...
    Meh.

I work at Performance, that's how I'm getting the deal on it, and it a bit less the $2,350, Idon't plan on climbing with it, mostly just freeride and downhill around south eastern ohio and the east coast...

Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    They're actually not bad bikes at all. Especially with the build that they come with. The last one I saw was a 2006 edition that was at a Performance (Super-Go) in Mountain View, California. Hope brakes, Fox 40, DHX 5.0 Coil, and when they ended up selling that bike I think they cleared it out for something ridiculous like $2,350 or something.

With that said, if you get a truly killer deal on it, then go for it. It's not a bad bike. The 8-spd. Nexus style hub isn't ideal for climbing, but for downhill it's not bad. The main thing is that the gear spread isn't too good. It's okay for freeride, and even light downhill, but it's not geared as a race bike. The lowest gear also isn't quite geared for climbing, although it's manageable.

Either way, it's one of the first big-company marketed internal-drivetrain bikes, and it looks really cool too.

I like them, despite being a DW-link fanatic.

Capricious youth...
    Then I say, why not?

I worked at Performance, too. Why do you think I ride a 7point, an MkIII, and a Fuji Roubaix Ltd.?
    Meh.

mtbr member
    I really want one of those.
    Shifting while coasting would be great for our trails out here.

Flying Goat
    i might get flamed for this but... how much do one of those weigh?

Capricious youth...
    I think that they were around 43 pounds if I'm not mistaken.

The one I picked up in the old Super-Go wasn't that heavy, but it had Hope Brakes and a Fox40. This might have been a custom model, because the 2007 model was spec'd with a Rocco and a 888.
    Meh.

Flying Goat
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    I think that they were around 43 pounds if I'm not mistaken.

The one I picked up in the old Super-Go wasn't that heavy, but it had Hope Brakes and a Fox40. This might have been a custom model, because the 2007 model was spec'd with a Rocco and a 888.
    43lbs sounds pretty sweet for a gbox bike...

Capricious youth...
    I could, of course, be totally off on that weight.

But that's what I recall.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    43-45 lbs is what I've read.

The 2006 came with the 40 and DHX (gray frame).

Sweet rig.

I'm so stoked! I can't wait to beat on it at snow shoe!

Professional Troll
    I've had one for 2 years now. It's pretty awezome. I'm just now needing to rebuild the tranny in there. But it should be pretty cheap. I've beaten the **** out of it on both coasts and on 2 continents, its a beast, its kind of a license to crash a lot and not care. It's pretty nice never having to spin the pedals after having to ditch the bike, just get on it and ride. It is a bit draggy though, you WILL notice it. And don't let people tell you you can't race on it.