RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

got the torso, need elbow/arm guards

I just ordered this from Cambria today. (thanks to V.P. for the info & write up, his pics are WAY better than the stock ones online) All Mountain Next: Preview: Troy Lee Designs CP 5955

So, now I'll need some elbow/forearm guards. Finding a suitable elbow guard was my major hesitation with ordering the torso-only suit, as opposed to a full jacket. But the pros of the TLD outweighed the cons so I'll give it a go.

If someone can point me toward a really high quality, hard shell elbow/forearm guard, preferably $100 or less, I would very much appreciate it.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Alpine stars Moab. Best I've tried.
    It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose!

74 & 29 pilot
    TLD EG 5550. They fit well under long sleeve jerseys and have protected me during all of my get offs...
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

RideDirt
    The fox elbow/arm pads work amazingly good for me and never move around or fall down . They vent pretty good and have saved me from some good crashes into rock gardens and some trees

DownhillBAWS
    alpinestar moab are awesome. i just got some and love them. and they are not that expensive

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by jakester29959 View Post
    alpinestar moab are awesome. i just got some and love them. and they are not that expensive
    what do yo guys think of the cross-strap for the lower arm, does that system keep the guard secure? It almost seems like it would encourage the guard to slide down toward the wrist.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

RideDirt
    RTM - trust me , the FOX stuff is good and in your budget .. It has held up for me at mountain creeks dn plattekill ... Most riders use it too .. I can't ride this Friday otherwise I would of let you borrow mine .

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    RTM - trust me , the FOX stuff is good and in your budget .. It has held up for me at mountain creeks dn plattekill ... Most riders use it too .. I can't ride this Friday otherwise I would of let you borrow mine .
    Thanks man. I appreciate the offer. Bummer about Friday but we'll get together for a few runs this season for sure!