mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Good Leg Armour?

How are the Core-Rat Burly leg/knee pads for FR and some occasional lite DH?? What are some comparable products to it? thanks-koko

******ed or Branded??
    well just tried on a pair of 661 race knee/shin gaurds. it felt good and it had one of those top slid in, reinforce with a velcro strap. I think those are the ones that I am planning to get. I still wanna try other brand first so I can compare them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    well just tried on a pair of 661 race knee/shin gaurds. it felt good and it had one of those top slid in, reinforce with a velcro strap. I think those are the ones that I am planning to get. I still wanna try other brand first so I can compare them.
    they are ok, get roaches insted, my friend has thoes and they are awesome, the races pretty much suck, they are kinda comfortable at first, but after a while the middle velco strap stops sticking, and the back of the knee rubs, get roaches or fox launchs

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    most all 661 stuff is pretty crappily made...i thought the fox launch were really uncomfortable.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ggy
    they are ok, get roaches insted,
    ZLove the Roaches/Raceface (same thing)......another vote for these
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    RaceFace/Roach Rally FR's rule.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    yup. RaceFace/Roach rally FR's

or Fox Launch Pads

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I like the Roach/Raceface also. The Roach RallyFR are great for freeriding, comfortable when pedaling and don't fall down. They can also take big impacts well. The Roach RallyDH has thicker foam and a knee stabilization pad. The DH Roach is a little more restrictive when pedaling but the straps are secured better to the hardshell than the FR Roach.

Erik,

www.balleracing.com

NATE CORE
    SixSixOnes definitely arent the best but if you want to try them out you can usually find a pair on E-bay for like 10 bucks. Get 'em and if you dont like them its only 10 bucks and keep them as a spare set or give them to a buddy thats just starting out and get the Roaches.
    you like dags??