Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Living the High Life
    I'd be more worried about whatever did that to the headset also damaged the head tube/welds. How do you crack a headset, while installed, and not damage anything else? Check that bike over big time.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu View Post
    I'd be more worried about whatever did that to the headset also damaged the head tube/welds. How do you crack a headset, while installed, and not damage anything else? Check that bike over big time.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, I've honestly never seen a break like this before. Just to make sure I left it with my LBS so give it a serious look over. From what I saw the only other damage was paint here and there. I mean, bottlerockets are pretty notorious for being tanks.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Can anyone recommend a good/sturdy tapered/press fit headset that will fit the bottlerocket? I think I only need to buy the upper cup correct?

EDIT: called the guy, we got it all worked out. He opened a claim with FedEx because he has the package insured, gave me a $75 refund, I'm ordering a new headset tonight. So all is good in the hood, just wont be able to ride until next week, which is better than never I suppose.
    Last edited by Lunchbox362; 12-11-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2