Keep on Rockin...

Good 2.7-3.0 DH rear tire for loose conditions and some mud...

Thanks.

BTW... anybody run a bigger tire out back. I like big tires and can get a 3.0 on the back but only a 2.7 up front with the Super T. I've yet to try it out. I know typically people run the bigger tire up front but I think that's mostly based on a throwback idea. When mtb first started there were no suspension forks so you needed a big tire up front to help add some squish up front.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Noob Herder
    wide tires arent well suited to mud and loose conditions. And wider tires up front was and still is about traction, not squish factor. In corners there a higher premium on front traction.

The only reason someone may want wider rears is if they have a hardtail and want to soften things up a bit, otherwise theres no need.

And if someone points out MX bikes, i'll freakin scream...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

Keep on Rockin...

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    wide tires arent well suited to mud and loose conditions. And wider tires up front was and still is about traction, not squish factor. In corners there a higher premium on front traction.

The only reason someone may want wider rears is if they have a hardtail and want to soften things up a bit, otherwise theres no need.

And if someone points out MX bikes, i'll freakin scream...

Yeah, I know that if you want a tire to excel in loose or mud it should be relatively narrow, but I can't come to terms with anything but big tires.

Iv'e got an Intense 2.7 (60) DH on the front and will likely go that route on the back. I'm an experinced mt biker, just not at the DH thing, yet.

Thanks,

Mike

Innovate or die!

Good job! this is it....

hey,
    for those conditions this is THE tire, no question on my mind or that of the guys at go-ride, dirt mag, or world cup pros. Comes in 2.2 or 2.5, i would go 2.5 so you can run it up front later if you want. Seriously for DH this is it for loose conditions and it sheds mud darn well.
    -Me
    P.S. EDIT: lol sorry it is the Michelin comp 16 soft.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    sexy tire
    For sale:
    Jamis Dakar Sport Full Suspension XC Bike 2001
    Marzocchi EXR comp 2004

Email me at surfdude660@aol.com for more details.

mtbr member
    Cheaper and a little wider for rear, Kenda Nevegal 2.5 Stick-E

pro bud spud

Syncros bht 3

I run a Syncros 2.7 on my scream and it's a tight fit. It's worth it though. It was such a drastic difference from my 2.7 mobster. Way better braking and traction. I cant' wait to get one up front.