Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Glendale Action Shots

3K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 ·
This is me and my cousin doug (hardrockinG20) hitting a few of the local spots.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Nice shots!

Can't...resist...

Honestly, that isn't exactly what one would consider dangerous riding, the anal retentive helmet thing is a bit overdone in my opinion. $hit, when I used to figure skate as a kid, no one ever told me to wear a helmet. I guarantee my head was in a much more precarious enviornment then than when cruising down the street at 15 mph on my bike.

#12 ·
Prechrysler said:
Nice shots!

Can't...resist...

Honestly, that isn't exactly what one would consider dangerous riding, the anal retentive helmet thing is a bit overdone in my opinion. $hit, when I used to figure skate as a kid, no one ever told me to wear a helmet. I guarantee my head was in a much more precarious enviornment then than when cruising down the street at 15 mph on my bike.
I hear ya. If we were landing on concrete and not grass we would have rocked the brain-buckets.

#18 ·
"Hey mom, i need a helmet.... i fell today and almost coulda' hurt my head!"
"...what do you want me to do about this?"
"Give me $5 so i can have enough to get a brain bucket."
"DO I LOOK LIKE I AM MADE OF MONEY!?!?!?!?"
"No, but dad does. You don't do ****."

*10 minutest later after she puts the knife down*

"So can i have the $5?"
"NO!"

Yea that's basicly how it went down when i asked for money to buy a helmet. Promise tho, next posts we will have our lids on. :D

#20 ·
Hey doug, this is John from Victory Lane :D

Dam! If you would have tucked that landing any more your nuts would have felt it! I'll call you tomorrow, maybe we can hit the weak crap over by my house and some other spots. Hehe, I'll have to build that tabletop up and make it a hell of a lot longer, oh well if I am the only kid in my neighborhood that can clear it then more props to me ;)

I don't see what the big deal about not having a helmet, lol dam its just a grass landing! I need to start wearing my lid more though..Haven't worn it since I was jumping a 15 foot gap from the street to some grass (over a sidewalk, planters, etc) and that was a long time ago.

I think some kids were "supposed" to be making a stepup, I'll have to add on to that too..

Anyhoo, I'll call ya tomorrow, nice pics!

#22 ·
Crashes are like guns.....

it doesn't take a big one to kill you, you just have to pull the trigger.....come on now lidless organ donors, don't get weak now...toss that lid & pull that trigger...do you have th' cajones...well...do ya punk... :cool:

#24 ·
Korrupt said:
usually about 99% of the time we wear our lids. We will make sure FROM THIS POINT FORTH... to wear our helmet no matter what we do...
its alright man. Everyone forgets their helmets once in a while, but i make it a point that when i dont have my helmet on, my tires dont leave the ground. From standing on a bike, if u fall over and hit your head, you definetly get a concussion. Its not worth the risk. Anyways, is that Glendale, Arizona?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.