mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Giro remedy vs. Pro-tec Shovelhead for light full-face for aggressive all-mountain

Hey, I posted this in the "All-mountain" category, but thought I'd get opinions from dh'ers. i'm not really a true downhiller but I ride aggressive all-mountain and I've been stepping it up a little lately. I've been thinking about getting a low-profile full face for the gnarlier rides, somewhat light and well ventilated for climbing, and not terribly expensive. I'm leaning towards either a Giro Remedy or a Protec Shovelhead (or Ace Spade), both seem lightweight, low profile and won't break the bank. Any opinions about these 2? which one is better ventilated, offers more protecion, etc.? Is the Giro Remedy good for multiple impacts like the pro-tec? other similar options?
    btw my bike is a SC heckler with a Rockshox Domain fork recently installed.

bearded
    I like the bell full face better than both.
    BLKMRKT

addict

I ride with a giro remedy

for lift acces or grind up, bomb down trails. It stays on my pack for the climb. Feels a little constricting for climbing, but hardly notice it on the way down, and I'm glad to have the extra protection.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    i have a giro remedy and it is awesome, its light and super comfortable. a little bigger than some other full faces but i dont care ill take the extra padding for the comfy fit any day, also it has a little fin so the goggles stay on and the eye port is shaped perfectly for gogles just incase you wanted to use them. it is also very cool and doesnt make you sweat too much