Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Full build pictures of Yeti SS and Yeti FR bike

6K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  CountryBoy 
#1 · (Edited)
These are straight from their site, Good looking stuff in my opinion, Just like the seven these are going to look 100% when they are ready for production. Looks like the SS has about 150mm of squish.

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm a huge fan of the little bike. I'm not 100% on the Head tube, but once the headset companies start coming out w/ 1.125 to 1.5 kits everything will be grand, well it'll be grand for people that still use 1.125 and those that are stoked on a tapered steerer.

I have a feeling that by the time production comes around these things are going to be really cool. the SS looks like a solid replacement for my as-x, especially for riding in the NW. Glad I have an extra 1.5 to 1.125 conversion headset laying around.

Now, all i have to do is get better at riding.

#8 ·
ryan_daugherty said:
I haven't seen anything yet, I'd expect them to be a bit higher than normal yeti prices, but probably not too much.

you know I was looking at the SS frame.. and it definitely reminds me of a mini highline. which might be why i like it so much.
Wow, now that you mention it........they are very similar. hmm. i think i still like the yeti better though.

#13 ·
more info from the Yeti newsletter:
Prototype Info

We have been working on designs that utilize the 303 technology. Not only have we found this technology to be extremely effective, we also have international patents that cover the design in every major market. Our prototypes are focused entirely on the gravity market and will fill-out our product line in DH and slopestyle segments.

The 303 technology is unique because we can control wheel path and shock rate independently. Our new designs use a single rail to either control the wheel path or shock rate. This coupled with the pivot layout allows us to create bikes that are lighter, less complicated, and still have many of the attributes of the 303.

Our naming convention is pretty simple. All rail bikes will start with 303. If we have an R in the name, we are using the rail primarily to control the rate of the shock (horizontal rail). If there is no R, the rail is used to control the wheel path (vertical rail).All of these bikes are still prototypes and we will spend the race season testing and optimizing the design. Look for all of the new bikes on the podium later this year!

Proto 303R-SS

Designed for aggressive trail riding, slopestyle, and gravity bent all-mountain. The rate on this bike has been designed to be stiffer so it holds the rider up in g-outs, berms, and really flowing terrain. The stiffer overall rate also makes it more difficult to bottom-out. Visit our photo gallery for more pics // photo gallery

Travel: 5.4"
Projected Weight: 7.5 lbs (Fox DHX air)
Head Angle: 68 degrees (32 Float / 140) 66.3 degrees (36 Float / 160)
Chainstay: 16.5"
BB: 13"
Projected Price: N/A

Proto 303R-DH

A less expensive DH bike that uses a single pivot coupled with our 303 technology. By utilizing a horizontal linear rail we are able to create a rate similar to the 303 DH. The single pivot design has a different wheel path than the 303 DH but we were able to simplify the design and lighten up the frame significantly.Visit our photo gallery for more pics // photo gallery

Travel: 8.5"
Projected Weight: 10 lbs
Head Angle: 64.5 - 65.5
Chainstay: 17.25"
Projected price: $2499

#15 ·
Wow, I am pretty excited about what is going on at Yeti. Wasn't so sure about the Seven, and kind of was bummed that their line-up did not have something that I lusted after, (303 is a different story!), but now that excitement has returned. The DH proto with the heavy duty swingarm is quite impressive. Can't wait to see what the final designs look like......glad to see that they are aggresively pursuing new configurations for their rail system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.