mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Front 203mm Disc Adapter

Hopefully this is a quick one.

I've just replaced my totem with the new boxxer, and I need a 74mm post mount 203mm front adapter. The totem was setup for a 203mm rotor, however it looks like the new 2010 boxxers are set up for a 160mm rotor... which doesn't really make a ton of sense in any event.

I am running a saint front brake. Q is out of the shimano adapter, and it costs a good amount more than the avid counterpart. Can I use a non-shimano adapter with my saint brakes?

Thanks!

Older & Faster...downhill
    Aug 2008
    Yes. I had the same issue. LBS had quite the collection and I just picked up the no namer for half the cost. When I asked what the difference was he replied, the Shimano name.

No Fear
    The material is important too. Also the design. The marked ones are designed so that have no contact with all brands of calipers .

And they should have more aquracy in the manufacturing too.

Slow Patrol
    Oct 2005
    The Shimano adapters are priced ridiculously. I held and avid and hayes 203 rear up against a Shimano 203 rear and they positioned the caliper the same. I would guess the fronts are the same also in 203. At the time, I had no reason to compare them when rummaging through my LBS big-box-o-adapters looking for rear 203s.

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    when i was @ fort bill last week there was a stand with boxxer mounts to match the red/black/white colours but i forgett the brand, a google should find them, they werent expensive.
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products