mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Flats with a wide Q?

I need some new pedals but like a wide Q factor. My Straitlines are wide and love um but thought I may try something lighter for my Am bike. Everything I have checked out lately is narrower by almost 10mm. I know it doesnt seem like much but feet already hang over my Straitlines and I can really feel the narrower pedal under my foot. Being 6'2" an a size 12, a large platform is needed but I seem to notice the offset or Q ( distance from crank arm to outer edge) even more so.

Anyone mesured the Point 1's? Im a sucker for North American products.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flats with a wide Q?-p1020361.jpeg  

Last edited by m-dub; 01-04-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    My Point ones measure 95mm from the bulge (weare the bearing are) to end. This is they area you want your foot positioned.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    How about from the crank out? Im a tall dude and my feet like to ride wider than most.Thanks!
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    The new Saint pedals are the widest I've seen. The "best" pedal thread on here has a few comparison pictures.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeRidin' View Post
    The new Saint pedals are the widest I've seen. The "best" pedal thread on here has a few comparison pictures.
    Probs not lighter tho

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Try the canfield Ultimates, I just got a set a few months ago and they are amazing, tons of tractions 106mm wide, and light. I previously rode Kona Wah wahs for years which I loved but the Canfield Ultimates are better in every way,

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I had some Crampons but the traction of the Straitlines was day and night better. I think the bulge of the old pedal didnt let my foot really dig in. I have lurked teh whole "best pedal thred" but not much mention of the demention I was looking for.
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by m-dub View Post
    How about from the crank out? Im a tall dude and my feet like to ride wider than most.Thanks!
    110 mm from crank to end, but having your foot on the bearing bulge feels funky.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F. View Post
    110 mm from crank to end, but having your foot on the bearing bulge feels funky.
    Thanks Tim. I run my feet way to the outside so I dont think it will be an issue. I never ran pins in my Straitlines on the inside because my foot never sat on um. Im that guy that rides a set of cranks for years and never wears the paint off them. Being a tall dude I guess I have a naturally wider stance.
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    did you have the ultimates? or the original? The ultimates are a way different pedal and there is no bulge anymore. The ultimates came with long and short pins, The long had way to much traction like you can not move your foot at all unless it is up. I since switched to the short pins and they are still 10 times the traction of my wah wahs.

mtbr member
    Spank Spike pedals are 110mm too. A little heavier than the Point Ones by about 30 grams but a bit longer front to back and I like the grip better.

mtbr member
    Atomlabs Pimplites are bit over 114.5 mm measured from crank arm. Love these pedals.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Scroll down to #24...The Saints tower over the rest.

Platform Pedal Shootout, the best flat is...

mtbr member
    Wellgo B181

New Wellgo B181 Flat Pedals Low Profile Design Black | eBay

▪ Body: Aluminum forged

▪ Spindle: Co-Mo

▪ Bearing: DU / Sealed

▪ Size: 114.5 * 102 * 19 [mm]

▪ Weight: 315g/pr

ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks FreeRidin! I must of missed that page while lurking the thread. Man the saints look wide.

Update:
    I ended up with the DMR Vaults for a few reasons:

Their platform was a 10mm longer ( front to back) than the Saints. After riding Straitlines for so long I love the feel of big platform under my big arse feet. They are 115mm wide so even bigger that the SL and should be pretty dang close to the Saint in that department. 400g was a plus too. Granted this is all #'s from the good ol web so we shall see the real #'s when they come in.

Thanks for the help guys and sorry most of this is reduntent info from the pedal thread.
    Last edited by m-dub; 01-11-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    me too,Atomlabs Pimplites are bit over 114.5 mm measured from crank arm. Love these pedals.

mtbr member
    You need the DMR Vaults.

~ 115 x 115mm
    Last edited by slimphatty; 01-12-2013 at 07:36 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Wellgo MG1