Thread: Flat Pedals.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Flat Pedals.

I purchased a Norco Aurum 6.1 three days ago. It came with some basic pedals. I'm looking for something really decent, strong and grippy. I don't want to have cheap, crap pedals on a higher end bike. I was thinking of something with titanium axles. And I'm not interested in concave pedals. Just straight flat. I'd be curious to know what you guys have, and what you've had that you would definitely not recommend. I'm happy to spend around $150 AUD. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Canfield crampon Ultimates. .... Top of the list....slightly convex and excellent grip while being very thin. Also great ground clearance. Another option from them would the Crampon classic flat.... flat and real thin but downhill strong.
    The Official Mid-west Canfield Brothers #1 Fan and Demo fleet !!
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...psb5c701c1.jpg

Yes, that's fonetic
    There's a 15 page debate about pedals two threads down...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Get the Shimano Saint's pricematched at Jensons from Chainreactioncycles for like $55.

Pivotal figure
    Yeah, Saint pedals are solid and reliable (easy to service too). I also run a pair of ACROS AFlats and they've proven to be very nice. My biggest requirement is having the pins thread in from the inside of the platform VS the outer. That helps keep the threads from getting destroyed when you smash a pin on the rocks, and makes it a LOT easier to get that mangled pin out...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    another vote for Canfield Crampons. They are incredible. I have mangled mine against rocks many times, and they are a tiny bit scraped, and that's it. Zero broken pins. Zero problems. If I ever do break a pin, I'm not worried about getting it out of the pedal either. Both ends of each pin have a hex key hole, so you will always be able to get them out and replace them. But after the beating I've given them with no pin breakages, I don't anticipate needing that feature often. And they are incredibly thin. That makes a real difference when pedaling; you can feel it. It's more efficient. Saint and similar pedals are incredibly thick in comparison. I can never go back to them after Crampons. Worth every penny and more.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

bikerbert

Flat Pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos View Post
    another vote for Canfield Crampons. They are incredible. I have mangled mine against rocks many times, and they are a tiny bit scraped, and that's it. Zero broken pins. Zero problems. If I ever do break a pin, I'm not worried about getting it out of the pedal either. Both ends of each pin have a hex key hole, so you will always be able to get them out and replace them. But after the beating I've given them with no pin breakages, I don't anticipate needing that feature often. And they are incredibly thin. That makes a real difference when pedaling; you can feel it. It's more efficient. Saint and similar pedals are incredibly thick in comparison. I can never go back to them after Crampons. Worth every penny and more.
    +1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to Be Alive
    I love my Canfields...since I got mine 3 other people have put them on their bikes too and love them...
    Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos View Post
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Gnarly
    I've placed an order for Canfields ... in hot pink
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies