mtbr member

Fisher Roscoe I for a light FR rig?

Stopped into my neighborhood shop and found a 2009 Fisher Roscoe 1 on closeout. I've been looking for a shorter travel bike that I could set up as a light FR rig. Any opinions on this frame? I'd likely switch to a shorter stem, and a single ring crank set up with a guide, but that would be about it for now.

Thanks!

i like rocks
    hey chip,

The roscoe is a pretty kick ass bike. cambr had one on loan from trek all last summer, though i never rode it in anger myself allot of the guys raved about it. marley put it through some serious abuse, and its ability to take it exceeded kevins.

i would put it in the mid-weight AM category, comparable to the previous generation (v1) transition covert.
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    Marley tested, Marley approved. That's pretty much good enough for me ;-)

Chip

mtbr member
    I beat the piss out of one at Diablo on three separate occasions. The stock bontrager tires sucked at any pressure. The second and third time I put a set of Michelin tires that I had and the bike held up fine. Bottomed it out at some parts, but the bike held up.

Disciple of Suspension.
    The bikes are pretty beefy. It'd be fine for a light FR rig but definately change out the tires. I demo'd one and unless your trails look like 4x race courses those are not the tires you want at all. It has a steep-ish HA for a 'freeride bike' but that'd make it turn snappier and climb better.
    ride bikes.
    play music.
    ...do what you love.
    http://www.myspace.com/wanderingstill