mtbr member
    Dec 2011

EVOC Bike Bag Question

Has anyone ever used FedEx to ship one of these? Because of logistical issues, won't be able to bring it on the plane with me, so am looking at alternatives. Would love to hear anyone's experience using the EVOC (which I already have) with parcel carriers; if no one has actually done this, then tell me your thoughts!

Do you think that FedEx is any harder on their parcels than the airlines are on their baggage?

Yes, that's fonetic
    Is UPS an option. Thousands of bikes ship daily via FedEx and UPS in cardboard boxes...the EVOC bag is at least as protective....

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Damn, didn't think about it that way. You're of course completely right.

Thank you!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    to be honest i dont know as i have never tried to ship a bike,,,,
    but back in 2004 my brother and i flew to LA to ditch our snowboards before going on to new zealand for 2 weeks then hawaii for 5 days before going back to LA to head up to mammoth for 4 weeks boarding,
    the plan was to fed ex our boards up to the hotel in mammoth, as our mate singh owned it, he said he would store our boards while we went to nz and hawaii,
    when we tried to fed ex our boards in their board bags we got told no. fed ex wont take them like that they need to be protected either cardboard or plastic,
    in the end the manageress of the hotel we were staying at for the 1 night took pity on us, and said we could leave them there for 2 weeks, so it worked ou for us in the end.
    so i dont know if things have changed or if fed ex would take your bike in the evoc bag, all you can do is email or call them and ask, good luck hope it works out for ya.

as for travelling with the evoc bag, yes them things are awesome, they are a blessing in disguise, they are so practical, and make cycle carriage a joy. only down side to them is price and weight.