Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

ENVE 800mm DH bars

Where can I get an ENVE DH bar? I t doesnt seem anyone has them in stock?
    Thanks in advance.

my fun has a hurting
    Did you try the enve site?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I did, but it didnt say if they were in stock or not.

edit: yup they are out of stock as well...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Try go-ride.com Last I was in the shop they had some ENVE's in stock. Call them, I do not know if they list all of their stock in their website or not...
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    All Go-ride has listed on their site are 700mm bars, out of stock.... I'll give them a call Monday though, thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    As far I as know Enve is in the progress of changing factory's or their warehouse so production has either slowed down a substantial amount or completely halted. I tired to E.P. one a little while ago and was told to be expecting to wait till mid June or July to get my hands on one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yup, ENVE told me mid July. Go-Ride didnt even want to tell me when they will be getting them back in stock because they don't even know. So I guess I will wait impatiently till mid July.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Just get the new Easton carbon 35mm and a stem :P

Really though some ENVE's might be on my bike later this summer too
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Preorder it, they go fast. Last batch was in April, and every ones already sold out.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I believe they are out of stock due to Chinese New Years holiday where the factories take off a good month and it takes another month to get production up to speed. Typically these factories lose 30-60% of their workforce. In my business I import products and I'm just getting caught up on back orders. I'm guessing that their containers or shipments should be arriving really soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have mine and got them at goride. They are on my Canfield Lucky and they are solid ass bars. I first saw them last year Chris Canfield had them on their Canfield One at the Tara Llanes race in Northstar. I would buy them again for my other FR rig! If I had the cash

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by locoriggs View Post
    I believe they are out of stock due to Chinese New Years holiday where the factories take off a good month and it takes another month to get production up to speed. Typically these factories lose 30-60% of their workforce. In my business I import products and I'm just getting caught up on back orders. I'm guessing that their containers or shipments should be arriving really soon.

Except these are made in the US.....

www.derbyrims.com
    ENVE products are made in Utah, in the USA. ....by $5 per hour illegal aliens... just kidding, or am I?

The Chinese holidays shouldn't affect production at ENVE.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Keep an eye on Pinkbike. I bought new ones for 100 shipped a few months ago.

RideDirt
    How does the carbon feel vs the typical DH bar? I hear carbon helps with vibration but is there anything else carbon benefits over your typical bar ? Besides weight as well .. I'm trying to decide myself if I should buy these too or pick up something else .

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    How does the carbon feel vs the typical DH bar? I hear carbon helps with vibration but is there anything else carbon benefits over your typical bar ? Besides weight as well .. I'm trying to decide myself if I should buy these too or pick up something else .
    The Enve DH bars flex quite a bit. The flex is designed in to reduce fatigue. They provide a more muted ride, a bit less communicative compared to alloy bars. At first I didn't know what I thought about it. I was a bit turned off by the fact I could flex my bars so easily. Unlike alloy bars, rigidity and flex can be dialed in to provide desired traits. The flex in these bars work for you, not against you, but I can see how some riders might prefer a stiffer bar that communicates better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by derby View Post
    ENVE products are made in Utah, in the USA. ....by $5 per hour illegal aliens... just kidding, or am I?

The Chinese holidays shouldn't affect production at ENVE.
    Do some research! Why don't you call them yourself! Rims are made in UT but bars are mfg overseas like everyone else's! I'm not sure what else they have mfg overseas but I know the bars are! I love my Enve bars and personally don't care that they are mfg over seas!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I really like my Enve DH bars.
    From what I understand Enve is moving all manufacturing to UT.
    The seatpost that has been on order since Jan won't be delivered till mid Jun.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Shouldn't their ads say "labeled and boxed in the good ol USA" "manufactured overseas" LOL. Ps Love my Enve bars anyways.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Carbon also has no memory. When metals fatigue the snap in half. Carbon when laid up properly is strong as hell. I have seen the proof for years SR-71 Blackbird plane is made from Carbon and it is still the Baddest Plane made. Made in my home town Burbank,Cal. Lockheed Skunkworks back in the 1960s.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Do some research! Why don't you call them yourself! Rims are made in UT but bars are mfg overseas like everyone else's! I'm not sure what else they have mfg overseas but I know the bars are! I love my Enve bars and personally don't care that they are mfg over seas!
    I did some Reasearch yesterday. I took a tour of the factory. Everthing is made in house.
    Bars, wheels ,tubing and even the fixtures they use in the MFG process.
    Jason showed me the whole facility. From cutting the carbon to the finishing room.

He said they did not think they would sell out of the DH bar as fast as they did. It out sold the road bar 2 to 1. And they sell a lot of road bars.

That being said they have another mold for the DH bar and are trying to get them back into production. But they have a huge back order on the DH bar.
    Hope this helps.
    VM
    DH CBros One 11
    XC CBros Sauce
    29" CBros Nimble 9
    4x Staats
    BMX Specialized S-Works 20
    Road Specialized Allez cromo

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Great company. I actually emailed them about a summer internship, and instead of just a "sorry, no positions available" I got an awesome response from Annie about how she grew up near San Jose and misses riding here, they currently don't have any sort of internship program, but would keep my info on file, and to check back next year for a possible job after graduation.

Made me want to buy the DH bar right then just to support them.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by COLIN M View Post
    Carbon also has no memory. When metals fatigue the snap in half. Carbon when laid up properly is strong as hell. I have seen the proof for years SR-71 Blackbird plane is made from Carbon and it is still the Baddest Plane made. Made in my home town Burbank,Cal. Lockheed Skunkworks back in the 1960s.
    Wow, I thought everyone knew the SR-71 was made almost entirely of titanium. Even the F-35 uses Ti in its highest stress areas.
    Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carbon is strong as hell, and I love my Enve bars. Wish I could afford the rims.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    Wow, I thought everyone knew the SR-71 was made almost entirely of titanium. Even the F-35 uses Ti in its highest stress areas.
    Yup and besides, first carbon fibres were made in the sixties, were something around 30% carbon and were highly flexible, it wasn't until the eighties or nineties it could be used to something as simple as sport equipment, even then it was very rare, it's not until the last ten-twenty years we've could use it to bigger parts with out fearing it'll break instantly. As new factories have arisen the cost has been able to slowly get down too (message may contain errors, took it all out of my memory)
    /on topic, saw one of these bars at my LB, really nice finish, couldn't believe the weight of that thing when I took it off that shelf, price is too steep though for me and think I'd prefer an alu bar anyway
    2011 Custom Transition TR250

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post

Carbon is strong as hell, and I love my Enve bars. Wish I could afford the rims.
    I stand correctedAlways thought it was all Carbon NOT Ti ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast