mtbr member

Eastern Slash 5/7 whats up with these?

Kinda ugly, obsolete suspension(?) but I'm intrigued. Is there any info out there on these? I generally like eastern's products.

mtbr member
    Single pivots are obsolete? Not quite....

It looks to me like one of those Taiwan deals that some mega manufacturer makes and sells off to be re branded by a bunch of different companies.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dowst

It looks to me like one of those Taiwan deals that some mega manufacturer makes and sells off to be re branded by a bunch of different companies.
    I didn't mean that single pivots are obsolete just that ellsworth isn't using this design anymore.

SLX
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    So what makes them 5" and what makes them 7"? I kinda like the frame due to the simple tubes, no fancy curved, square stuff. I am looking for a cheap 7" frame.
    Leave no bolt untuned!

mtbr member
    I would have to guess the shock stroke is where the difference in travel comes from.

Slopestyle Rider
    It looks a lot like AtomLab's new 5" travel slopestyle bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 9c.jpg (57.1 KB, 1550 views)

mtbr member
    They've gotta do something with that swingarm. It looks like it was built in someone's garage. Probably rides really well but it isn't too attractive.

I CAN ALWAYS GO BIGGER
    The Final production Atomlab's are going to be smoothed out. It rides so freakin amazing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I'm kinda in slash to.
    Slash or Br would be one of my bikes if i can afford two heavy (3 total allready).
    I would be my urban fr bike, and i would take it on local spots.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RYAN E
    The Final production Atomlab's are going to be smoothed out. It rides so freakin amazing.
    Great! I can't wait to see it. I hope it comes in at $1k or under...

Trying a little
    Yesterday I just saw a kid out at _____ going BIG on the 5" air slash. Like 20' to Transition.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I rode my buddy's earlier this summer, and was so impressed that when he later offered to trade for it, I took it. It's an 07 7" Air.

It's not the prettiest, but it's a lot better looking in person. It may be a single pivot, but it's Ellsworth's swingarm, it's assembled from cast and machined pieces, it's very stout. The down tube has a blistered formed section where the main pivot bearing goes through almost the center of the tubing, the head junction has lateral triangular cutout gussets, a VERY thick top gusset, and a 7 inch long throat gusset, and it also has an extra weld behind the lateral gussets.

As for the swingarm's appearance, I can guarantee you they won't be doing anything about it, as it's under license from Ellsworth, and altering it in any way would probably land them an infringement suit. Dowst, who said it looked like a Taiwanese mass market frame would be right, if you just look at pics on the interwebs. But you can't easily see the subtleties that make it a nice frame. It wasn't until I got up close to see the quality that it has. If you still don't believe it, buy one and look closely below the shock mount, Eastern qualifies it for their lifetime frame upgrade program. Ride it, get over the way it looks and you'll realize it rides how a SS bike should; with the low standover, snappy handling and simple frame design of a DJ HT, without frills. For crissakes, it's a 7 inch travel FS bike that manuals, easily.

If you're still not convinced it's worth having, think of it this way; It's the back half of an Ellsworth single pivot frame, with the front half of an Eastern, one of the most respected BMX companies around.

Bike Hustler
    its a solid frame that can be found dirt cheap... my neighbor grom buddy is running one with the 7 Air with a boxxer up front and a 24 in the rear and he's slaying with it.

I will it is flexy though.
    [SIZE="4"]SHAM-WOW[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LoozinSkin
    its a solid frame that can be found dirt cheap... my neighbor grom buddy is running one with the 7 Air with a boxxer up front and a 24 in the rear and he's slaying with it.
    where can I get one? I have been looking for a cheap frame to hammer on but missed the jenson deal.

mtbr member
    i own a slash 7" coil bike (Jenson USA .com) and here are my upgrades to make her ride like a dream.

fork: BoXXer Race
    RS spring: obtanium coil
    pedals: 50/50 flats.

remember, this is upgrades only

anyways, if u get these upgrades, u'll ride urban and DH better than ever.
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
    i just love this

Airborne Flight Crew
    my best friend here rides one pretty hard, but it's the shorter travel version. I heard somewhere the only diff between them is the shock, and sometimes the wheel might bottom out to the seat tube. My friend has not experienced this though, and loves the build...

Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by dowst

hopefully
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard
    my best friend here rides one pretty hard, but it's the shorter travel version. I heard somewhere the only diff between them is the shock, and sometimes the wheel might bottom out to the seat tube. My friend has not experienced this though, and loves the build...

prettypic
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days