StraightOuttaCompton

New question here. E2200 for DH/FR????

I am thinking of getting some new rims after this season or for this season possibly. I was looking at the DT E2200. They look pretty nice but how will they hold up for fr/dh? Does anyone know of any red rims or wheelsets other than these?
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Bike Ninja |||
    .... you sure you don't want DeeMax's? haha.

anyways the E2200 will hold up plenty fine for FR/DH. as with any wheelset though, proper maintenance is key. after the first two rides or so take them in to get them retensioned. every wheelset will detension at first. keep em straight and true and they'll be rockin' for a while.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

StraightOuttaCompton
    that is what i thought. I would love to have the deeMAXes but not now that i have other red parts. I'm not trying to turn my bike into a rainbow.HAHA.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Transition makes a red wheelset for a lot less than the dt set. Or, you could just lace your own to red hubs. What is important to you in a wheelset? Are you looking to stay within a certain price or weight, engagement type, stiffness... etc.

StraightOuttaCompton
    well, i am mostly looking for rims, but if i could get a wheelset for 250-350$ then that would be good too. I want the rims to be relatively strong and somewhat light. I don't need mammoths or double tracks. I just want a good-looking rim that can perform.

General Rabble-Rouser
    Quote Originally Posted by Djponee
    well, i am mostly looking for rims, but if i could get a wheelset for 250-350$ then that would be good too. I want the rims to be relatively strong and somewhat light. I don't need mammoths or double tracks. I just want a good-looking rim that can perform.

My friend just grabbed a set of the revolutions, and those are a great deal. MSRP is 289.

I'd happily run these, and eventually will

StraightOuttaCompton
    i was looking at the Revolutions, but they don't make the rear hub in 150mm spacing.

General Rabble-Rouser
    Quote Originally Posted by Djponee
    i was looking at the Revolutions, but they don't make the rear hub in 150mm spacing.
    They make 12x150 hubs now, you may be able to find them laced into a revolution wheelset if you ask nicely.

StraightOuttaCompton
    oh, on the site it doesn't say that. I may try those then. If i end up just getting the rims, they don't make a 36hole rime w/o it being super wide and beefy.