SILENCE! I KILL YOU!

E 13 LS1/ LS FS/LS HT feedback

I have been very frustrated with the Da Bomb-sourced chainguide on my hardtail. The chain seems to have a favorite place: inside the spider and getting stuck. Or, the chain jumps out of the lower roller and dangles out! Sure, its cheap and when it worked, it was good. . Me and the LBS tried a lot of solutions to remedy the problem, but the lowest setting of the guide had a problem: the spider's bolts hits the backplate, or the top half of the guide hits the chain, the chain hits the sides... we just can't find the perfect fit.

I saw an ad for the E13 LS1 in a local website and for $44.50, that's a steal! The same price I got my old chainguide for!

Any one tried it? I might fool my buddies to thinking its an old LG1...
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

Former Ninja
    Jul 2005
    Sui,
    The LS1 is exactly the same as our 08 gen LG1 spacing and setup-wise, just with a steel backplate and no taco. For the price, you certainly can't go wrong. If you DID need a bashguard of some sort, I'd suggest holding off a few weeks and nab the SS+ (for a little bit more $...weight gain is only 30g or so).

Cheers,
    philip @ e*thirteen

calma
    I am currently running the E13 LG1 on my dmr side kick with no problems.

My only issue is that my dmr is pre mounts and have to run a longer bb to fit the adapter plate and guide, thus no easy gears. However, I just added some spacers and only running 5 gears.

Even with my custom gear selection no issues.

Great system.

Meh.
    e13 guides are still my favorites. I've had MRP, Gamut, and Blackspire guides.

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by philw86
    Sui,
    The LS1 is exactly the same as our 08 gen LG1 spacing and setup-wise, just with a steel backplate and no taco. For the price, you certainly can't go wrong. If you DID need a bashguard of some sort, I'd suggest holding off a few weeks and nab the SS+ (for a little bit more $...weight gain is only 30g or so).

Cheers,
    philip @ e*thirteen
    The SRS can wait. Now if the LBS has their last LS1 in white...
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

oh Jolina!!!
    Can i have your old chain guide instead?
    i'll pay for the shipping.

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaero
    Can i have your old chain guide instead?
    i'll pay for the shipping.
    I'd rather not give away damaged goods. Not my policy. I'll prolly keep em for backup...

Unless I'm some douchebag who hucks a 15ft drop with a flat landing a hundred times, cracks it and sells it to his so-called friend for $500...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    will there be a 36-40 ss+?