Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

DVO Suspension

15K views 102 replies 34 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 ·
So I got to ride around the parking lot on the New DVO suspension inverted fork...One word...plushness....I have been looking for the plushness of a Shiver for a long time. The 888 is nice but...oh my...I can't wait till these come out...supposedly at Sea Otter, DVO will have a booth and a few demo bikes to try out....

Can't give out any tech info (but lets just say you are really gonna like)...pictures are missing the carbon/foam arch support that adds extra stiffness.

Sea Otter you are going to start seeing them a lot

FYI ...besides green they will come in black

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Dude!
#18 ·
I'll be looking at the Emerald and the new 40 to replace my AVA Boxxer this upcoming season.

They have done a great job communicating with their potential customers. I'd like to know more about the air spring.
I don't know everything about the air spring but you can ask questions here or ask Ronnie here for more personal service

definitely hold out for the Emerald....this will be the hottest selling fork on the Market (for good reason) by summer...

#17 · (Edited)
people said that all the time about the Shiver...
but what people don't understand is

A) they do flex test with fork extended...not in travel
B) the slight flex you get gives you a better ride...meaning through a rock garden you get a smoother ride (gives a little) instead of a bouncing around more on direct and side hits of a regular fork.
C) the picture of the fork right now is missing the stantion guard/arch support which will make it stiffer

#15 ·
me too...I love my Shiver and this new fork feels great...I wouldn't be giving up the 888 Ti so fast...also the weight is lower then a Shiver...around 3000 grams or 6 1/2....that lower then my 888 ti:eek::eek:

#21 ·
On paper this sure seems to be the real deal. Very intriguing indeed and what an opportunity to hop on one preproduction. It will be really interesting to see just how they perform when they are released. I hope that they hit a home run with this fork and the new shock they are developing.

#22 ·
I am telling you...it is going to be a grand slam out of the box...they could release it right now, but they want it to be the best fork out on the market with no flaws...so when you say DVO Suspension you will think Top Notch Quality..that is why they are still testing...yeah they are losing money now, but for years they will be known as the most dependable fork

#29 ·
The thing I wonder about if they go collet, is do collet resist the tube twisting in the crown?
I had an old Mr Drit FAT fork, and that was the only drawback...and they had 3 bolts on the lower crown gripping the upper tubes!

#36 ·
I have been hearing/seeing info about DVO for a little while. I like what I am hearing.. I am not going to jump on the band wagon just yet, but I feel there is a seat with my name on it in the future. Subscribed to get more details as they come out. Thanks for the post SMT..

#38 ·
SMT is sure making some wild claims based off of a parking lot test. That being said, I've done my research on DVO and have been following the progress and I definitely like what I am seeing. The decision to have a solid, quality, base suspension with no gimmicks like SPV, Boost Valves, etc is very good to see. The motorsports inspired suspension design is a very good thing, and I personally believe is the way our suspension should be approached and executed. Its actually rediculous that the big companies haven't done something like this before. Kudos to Avalanche for being down since day 1. If this is done correctly, SMT's wild accusations will be true. And I will be on board the band wagon as well. My current suspension setup isnt leaving me wanting more, so I shall wait and see how the first batch of production goes and how people are liking them before I make a decision. I am really loving the industrial look of it, would be a nice match for my DHR :D On another note, I think a nice option would be to offer the upper tubes in their signature green, or black, and then possibly offer custom color anodizing on the cnc'd bits like the dropouts, crowns, etc.

#41 ·
We'll see if the fork is any good, or if its a posers dream. Sure is a lot of hype built up on the forks. Could be excellent marketing, but I can't deny, the thing looks the part. I guess time will tell if it performs at race winning speeds. Until then, I think people gawking over it because of how good it looks and the engineering being marketed, need to remember to wait and see how it performs before wetting their pants riding around in sneakers with their arms and knees locked out, with no arch/brace installed in a parking lot.

Plush is good, but not necessarily fast.....

#43 ·
very true....believe me...I been begging Ronnie to get little B out on the local stuff...I can just say this...I have complete faith in the competency in the people behind the product....just go out and ride Tom Rodgers bike if you can...I rode one of his air shock bikes and it felt better then my DB coil...but you are totally correct until the product comes out...but I am sure it will be the fork everyone wants

#45 ·
I read the article about this fork on Pinkbike (I think?? Maybe Decline?? Whatever) a while ago. One of the things that looks pretty promising is that they've designed the fork to encourage tweaking by everyday non-mechanics such as myself. There's a foot valve that you can remove and adjust the shim stack without draining the fluid.

I'm interested in the fork, esp. if the price is similar to an 888.

Personally not thrilled with the green. Will black ever be a possibility I wonder??

#55 ·
i would've liked to see the gap between the two arches filled in so it acts as a built in fender. wouldn't add much weight and could prove to be pretty useful. and if not done to all, then at least done as an option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.