mtbr member

Duffel bag for downhill gear?

Hi all,
    going to Whistler soon and looking for something decent to carry my downhill gear (full-face helmet, beefy arm & leg protection, etc). Can anyone recommend a good bag that they use for these kind of trips? I think THE industries had some but I don't see them anymore, must be discontinued.

Thanks!
    --
    If I work to pay for my rides - then why am I at work right now??

74 & 29 pilot
    I use that big orange duffel bag from Crankbrothers. TONS of room for all my DH gear and more. The TLD bags are pretty good also.

MTBP
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    The North Face makes a pretty heavy duty big duffel bag for travel. Sports Authority has them on clearance. A more expensive bag, but seems like it would take a beating.

mtbr member
    fox moto. its the illest.

this is the best link i could find for the bag without actually putting in effort. Not my auction, in fact i got mine locally for $20 cheaper.

NEW FOX RACING HUGE PODIUM COVERT MX MOTO GEAR BAG HELMET BOOTS GOGGLES GEARBAG | eBay
    -=-=Quiver=-=-=-
    2011 Demo 8.II Highlighter Yellow
    2011 SX 4x
    2010 Enduro Pro Carbon
    2012 Hardrock 29er

Dark Horse Racing
    Most motoshops like CycleGear have them in stock and you can check them out in person to see what fits your needs. Whatever you get make sure it has wheels, you won't regret it when you travel. I use an OGIO moto gearbag.

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone for the responses!
    @jurichar, having looked at all the bags I agree the Fox Podium Covert looks best and great reviews! Unfortunately it's $140 and nobody's giving a discount - a bit expensive for a bag. I'll check ebay from time to time and if nothing there I'll just walk into a local Moto shop and bite the bullet...
    --

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    check rocky mountain atv, I am sure they have closeouts
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    okay, they don't have discounts BUT I did find something interesting: Fox Racing Shuttle 180 that goes for $100. Does anyone know what the difference is between this bag and the Fox Racing Shuttle Undertow, that sells for $160-180?
    --

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Check out Dakine. They have some great bags/luggage, I love mine!

Glad to Be Alive
    Oneil azoic have them....love mine....helmet, goggle, flat panel at bottom for chest protector another pocket for clothes and zip compartments for nick knacks
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Professional Troll
    Moto and MTB specific bags are a ripoff. Get a hockey bag. They come in bigger sizes and are way less expensive and often built better.

Dirt Bike Craig
    Ogio bags
    Gear Bags - Power
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    Moto and MTB specific bags are a ripoff. Get a hockey bag. They come in bigger sizes and are way less expensive and often built better.
    True. Get one configured like a backpack. side pouch for your boots, tons of inner storage for vest, neck brace, helmet.

mtbr member
    I know this isn't what you asked, but for generally transporting gear, I think a great idea (more for day to day use) is to get a mesh duffel bag (REI has them, I think kayakers use them). All your sweaty, stinky gear will air dry in the bag. No nasty hockey bag reek. Really great if you have a pickup and can throw the bag in the bed