mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Dual crown for Bullit?

It was suggested I ask this here.

Dual Crown for Bullit help please
    I am new to MTB. Bought my first and only bike a month ago. After doing research and the deal I got. Went with 2010 Bullit. So far I am pretty happy with it. But there is some room for improvement for what I like doing. I mostly shuttle with my friends or been going to Snow Summit last 2 weekends. I like the DH type riding the best so far. But I have a loop that I take my son on behind the house. That requires a little bit of pedaling. I have a Totem on the bike now. But I am thinking a dual crown in 203mm would be better. What would you guys recommend? I still need to pedal with the boy and push the bike up when needed. For everything but Snow Summit the totem works pretty ok. Its just not very plush. I have done the flood gate mod. Which helped a ton but still not exactly feeling the way I would like. What fork and what other parts would be needed to get my Bullit a dual crown setup. I am going to get a dual chain ring to make pedaling easier. But I want to get the bike more DH friendly then anything else. I know some are going to say just get a DH bike. But I don't have the money for two bikes. The warden would throw me out for sure. I plan on buying the fork from the sale of my totem and I have a marzocchi 55ti to sell also.I have seen a bunch of pictures of Bullit with dual crown. If your riding this setup how do you like it? Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly I don't plan on racing I just want to have fun.

mtbr member
    I had a bullit in 2002 and ran a boxxer then a monster t...before they made them rediculous heavy.
    The totem should feel awesome on that bike. I don't think another inch of travel is necessary. I would experiment with settings while shuttling to feel the differences.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by bert vega View Post
    ...the totem works pretty ok. Its just not very plush...
    do some homework on manipulating the shim stack. the above statement will never leave your mouth ever again...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Will it solve the small bump at speed issue? I will definitely check it out.

Huffy Rider
    I just rode my re-shimmed RC2 DH Totem at snow summit and it was BUTTER, and yes, it will solve the small bumps at high speed issue. PM me if you want my secrets.

Mountain Lion Bait
    I have a totem on my Bullit2, it rocks. I don't believe the geometry is all that great for 203. It seems the bike was designed around 160 to 180mm.

Warrior's Society
    Ran a 190mm Shiver on my '04 Bullit...too much fork for it.

Imagine the Totem would be perfect.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thank you for the reply's I have a set of 888 coming to test out on my bullit. I got rid of my totem. If I dont like the dual crown may go to Fox float or a 66. But dont think I will go with another totem ever again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    So I tested my new forks this weekend. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I am very happy with the way they worked. I felt better and more relaxed on bike. I was able to hit sections a little harder without fear. They soaked up all the little bumps. Hands stayed fresher and I did not get as beat up as before. Saturday was the first test. I still playing with settings a little bit. But everything is night and day better then before.