mtbr member
    Sep 2009

dt swiss fr 2350 feedback

I'm thinking of picking up a set,the price is right...I know the early models (2007-2008) had a few issues with soft rims.Feedback needed on the 2010 models
    Also hows the reliability of the dt 440 hubs....

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I've had a set of the harden rim version from late 2008. I've had no issues with the wheels at all. The 36-star ratchet upgrade and regular servicing (~twice a year) has keep me pretty happy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brickbrick
    I've had a set of the harden rim version from late 2008. I've had no issues with the wheels at all. The 36-star ratchet upgrade and regular servicing (~twice a year) has keep me pretty happy.
    Thx,Can you tell the harden rim model from the non harden...I know the decals did not change until 2010

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I know when I bought these, I asked for the 2009 version, which apparently did not have the soft rims. I've put these things through hell with no issues, so I'm pretty sure they are not the soft ones. I'm not sure how to tell the difference.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I can tell a pretty big difference in the rim hardness on them. My 2010s have been put through the ringer and are still super solid, no dents (knock on wood) I am gonna put them on my Double for this year and get a new pair for my new DH bike since it moves over to 150mm rear.

I love the wheels primarily because I havent had to touch them all year. No hub, bearing, or rim issues. Plus the red is b!tch!n looking
    Transition, Shimano, DT Swiss, deity, Maxxis, Dakine, Demon Dirt, MRP, Oakley, VP, Honey Stinger, Grassroots Cycles

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I've been riding the 440fr hubs off and on since 2006 I think. I spent all last year on them at Diablo, Blue Mountain, and Plattekill (and some AM riding believe it or not). Zero issues. They've out-survived a few wheel builds.

The 36 point upgrade was cheap and great to have. Worthy.

Moving to the rear 135x10 RWS thru-bolt was also a nice upgrade (had standard QR before).

mtbr member
    I hear the DT's 440 are very reliable but have had no experience with them, but if reliability is what you're looking for, I won't get tired of recommending Hadley's.
    Do you feel lucky? do you, punk?- Dirty Harry

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lalocotequinta
    I hear the DT's 440 are very reliable but have had no experience with them, but if reliability is what you're looking for, I won't get tired of recommending Hadley's.
    never ridden hadleys. but the 440 hubs are bombproof. i have 2 sets built up currently.
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCAT
    I'm thinking of picking up a set,the price is right...I know the early models (2007-2008) had a few issues with soft rims.Feedback needed on the 2010 models
    Also hows the reliability of the dt 440 hubs....
    I have 440FR in back, bought it used with Mavic EX729 rim. All the best feedback from my side

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by mantasv
    I have 440FR in back, bought it used with Mavic EX729 rim. All the best feedback from my side
    Mine were originally on a "Magura" wheelset with F219's I think. ;^)