mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Downieville: sweet Jesus I'm in love

Finally made it to downieville to see what it was about and all i can think about is going back. We took the sunshine-3rd devide-1st devide trails. So much technical decent/climb. There are some pretty good climbs but the downhill that follows makes it plenty worth it.

It took 2 pinch flats to figure out the proper front tire air pressure and I only crashed once and it was pretty weak. It was on the top of the waterfall and it was more of a barrel roll than a crash. I have a nice imprint of my bar end in the top of my leg.

JNG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    My wife and I rode that Sunshine-Butcher Ranch-3rd Divide-1st Divide a few weeks ago for the first time. Came all the way from Ontario Canada and it won't be the last time. That trail was a lot of fun.

Glad to Be Alive
    congrats to you guys....the small bike shop runs a shuttle...the pizza place is amazing and thier some other hidden gems around that area too
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

pin it
    I had to look up Downieville... and I was not disappointed! Looks like a great place to ride. Plus there is an upcoming mountain bike festival July 31 to August 3

Downieville Classic - Mountain Bike Race and Festival - Downieville, California
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    congrats to you guys....the small bike shop runs a shuttle...the pizza place is amazing and thier some other hidden gems around that area too
    took the DVO shuttle to the top and had a burger and DRAFT TORPEDO(i was little kid giddy when i saw a torpedo tap) when we got to the bottom. my buddy grew up there and was talking about all the bad ass swimming holes and water falls i completely missed cause i was consumed with the awesomeness of the trail.

mtbr member
    Downieville is where I first fell in love with bike. We used to refer to it as the Downieville Downhill but I guess it now qualifies as so so Enduro.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FASTIVAB6TG25MR View Post
    took the DVO shuttle to the top and had a burger and DRAFT TORPEDO(i was little kid giddy when i saw a torpedo tap) when we got to the bottom. my buddy grew up there and was talking about all the bad ass swimming holes and water falls i completely missed cause i was consumed with the awesomeness of the trail.
    The trail splits at one point and one fork goes out to some serious exposure over the river and all the waterfalls and swimming holes your buddy was talking about. My friends rode the other fork you did and missed it all too.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!