Thread: dobermann bikes

mtbr member

dobermann bikes

Does anyone own one or can anyone give me a review? Are the singlespeed only?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I dont own one, but I emailed them a while back about the MBF and they said it can run geared or SS. Im not sure about the other bikes though. They look very nice, Im waiting to hear some reviews too.

mtbr member
    how mcuh was that m.b.f.?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I cant remember exactly, but I think it was in the 800's. You can email them for the exact price, they respond pretty quickly.

mtbr member
    yea, I'm in touch with a guy now, they seem like they are a good company, but I'd still feel more confident if i had some reviews. I want to bike to be able to handle some Dual Slalom and light DH riding, that seems like it might be pushing it.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickqid
    yea, I'm in touch with a guy now, they seem like they are a good company, but I'd still feel more confident if i had some reviews. I want to bike to be able to handle some Dual Slalom and light DH riding, that seems like it might be pushing it.
    I think you might have to worry about geometry if you're doing DH, that is if you have a long travel fork on it. My understanding is that most of their bikes are designed closer towards street/dj/4x type of riding. If you search online there's some reviews, and I think they might have a few linked to their site as well. Definitely look like sweet bikes to me.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    realistically I won't be getting into much Dh at all, just Trail, freeriding, and DJing. DO you think that geometry is going to be the biggest issue? I was wondering about frame strength.

banned
    Strength is not a problem, geometry is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by standard235
    Strength is not a problem, geometry is.
    since I won't be doing much DH, then I think I can suffer with the Geo of the bike when I need to do DH.