mtbr member

Do you have the 661 EVO Pressure Suit?

I am looking at using it for XC/AM riding in 90 degree weather. Looking at the picture, there is a striped material, plus the areas where pads are attached. Is the striped material very breathable and wicking? Also, if I detach the back protector, is the back wicking & breathable? If I detach the chest plate, is the chest area wicking & breathable?

Can I wear this as a (somewhat unusual looking) shirt, or are there areas which are exposed?

Thanks!
    Mark

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Even worn alone its still quite hot. Removing the chest plate and spine protector make it worlds better, but offers no protections in rock gardens. If the trails you ride are rather tame, I dont see a problem but you could always just get some elbow pads.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhpeteinsc
    Even worn alone its still quite hot. Removing the chest plate and spine protector make it worlds better, but offers no protections in rock gardens. If the trails you ride are rather tame, I dont see a problem but you could always just get some elbow pads.
    So are you saying that if I remove the chest & spine, it won't be too hot in 90 degree weather?

My idea is that for 95% of what I ride, I don't need a chest plate, but would appreciate the shoulder protection (because there is always the chance of falling). I could always attach the chest plate when I get to a rock garden.

Is there some other pressure suit that would be cooler than the 661 Evo?

Thanks!
    Mark

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    You should have a look at the POC body armors then, they have some interesting solutions, and ive only heard praise from people using them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanH
    You should have a look at the POC body armors then, they have some interesting solutions, and ive only heard praise from people using them.
    I assume that you mean that they are very breathable and not hot.

One problem with POC Spine VPD Tee (http://www2.pocsports.com/products/s...-Bike&id=20330) is that breastplate is not detachable. Does that make it hot in 90 degree weather?

Thanks!
    Mark