Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Do any MTB parks rival Whistler?

Every year we head to Whistler (and a little North Shore primer, of course) for amazing adventures. Are there any mountain bike parks out there that rival this mecca?

Shop *****
    I've heard Snowshoe is good... They have the Monster Park there.. but dunno

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Kirkwood's bike park is definitely leaps and bounds ahead of Whistler. It is the nicest place ever. Northstar isn't too far behind Kirkwood, either. Sooo sick.

Shop *****
    That's at Lake-Tahoe right? South lake tahoe
    I was there about a week ago lol (skiing)

mtbr member
    Kirkwood? Is this a new addition or something? Hard to imagine something being 'leaps and bounds' ahead of Whistler. Does it have ladders, drops, and miles upon miles of technical ST? (have you been to Whistler?) People seem to talk about North Star but never heard anyone mention Kirkwood...STOKED.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    Kirkwood's bike park is definitely leaps and bounds ahead of Whistler. It is the nicest place ever. Northstar isn't too far behind Kirkwood, either. Sooo sick.
    I haven't been to Kirkwood, so I can't comment on it. I have been to both N* and Whistler many times and N* isn't even close to Whistler IMO.

mtbr member
    I liked Silver Star in Vernon BC better than Whister when i went there. The hill isn't barely as busy has runs similar to a-line and has north shore stunts and every thing Whister has except in a smaller package.

thats right living legend
    I'd love to hear from someone that's been to both Whistler and Snowshoe? Doubt hardly anyone has though?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yes, I've been to Whistler, as well as Nelson and a few other places in between CA and BC that are super wicked awesome.

Unfortunately, Kirkwood is not one of them. That place sucks, and Northstar isn't anywhere near Whistler. I was being sarcastic. Sorry guys.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    CPX baby. u just can not compete w/ our amazing 50feet of vertical drop and 200yard long runs, yes tahts right 200 YARDS we got North Shore stuff, we got rocky DHs, we got DJ's and a DS course and even i tight sk8park that fits just barly 5 riders, so ur almost guaranty to have almost the whole place to ur self and no long lines for the tight fire road taht u get to walk up to the top of teh hill on. Whistler, pfff i spit on Whistler, it just simplay cant compare to siclyness of CPX. and on top off all that u get to smell the sweet aroma of the Juliet area waste dump that is strategically placed right near the trails so u donít smell from all the sweating u do when ripping up the gnar

When in doubt, go faster
    If kirkwood is all as good as you make it out to be, I may try to go up there this summer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by =ChrisB=
    If kirkwood is all as good as you make it out to be, I may try to go up there this summer.
    Kirkweed is 20 times better than Whistler.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    i'm from nc and have visited both whistler and snowshoe. obvioulsy the skiing in whistler is much better, and i'd have to say, i enjoyed whistler much more. monster park has a variety of stuff thrown into a concentrated package meaning they lack in the techincal single track that whistler has. it seems like whistler gives you more options and suits more riding styles i think. monster park is a close second, but i'd still put whistler on top.

No e-drama please!!

parks........

I plan on riding Snowshoe ,also Diablo in N.J i heard i good.
    Whistler is way far away from TN.......................
    DEMO8
    Santa Cruz Bullit
    Bianchi SASS

mtbr member
    doesn't snowshoe tear down monster park after the comp is done? A freind of mine went to that this year, said it was sick. We had the first monster park at marquette mtn and left it up all summer for the locals to shred. We dont have a bike park at the moment but plans are up for an a line style trail. If it goes down pics will be posted.

Huck It
    Jan 2007
    everyone in VA tells me snowshoe is sick. going to whistler is a lil far from here lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrio69
    CPX baby. u just can not compete w/ our amazing 50feet of vertical drop and 200yard long runs, yes tahts right 200 YARDS we got North Shore stuff, we got rocky DHs, we got DJ's and a DS course and even i tight sk8park that fits just barly 5 riders, so ur almost guaranty to have almost the whole place to ur self and no long lines for the tight fire road taht u get to walk up to the top of teh hill on. Whistler, pfff i spit on Whistler, it just simplay cant compare to siclyness of CPX. and on top off all that u get to smell the sweet aroma of the Juliet area waste dump that is strategically placed right near the trails so u donít smell from all the sweating u do when ripping up the gnar

Yup, don't mess with the midwest!

Chip

mtbr member

Where from?

Quote Originally Posted by squashyo
    Every year we head to Whistler (and a little North Shore primer, of course) for amazing adventures. Are there any mountain bike parks out there that rival this mecca?
    Squash,

where do you call home? If you live on the W.Coast & you drive to whistler, check out Blacrock: www.Brmba.org

No whistler, but a GREAT 1/2 day or full day stop on the way.
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

mtbr member

Thanks!

Biker 57 (Blacrock: www.Brmba.org)

Thanks for the tip. I am in Santa Cruz, CA and I think you are talking Oregon. I'll put it on the list for sure. If you're ever down this way, we'll show you some tasty trails as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    You might want to look around for some good trails that arent part of any park system. I havent been to any bike parks or anything but i have ridden with people who have and they seem to like the local freeride trails a little better. This is being compared to Diablo.

Glad to Be Alive
    nope

not snowshoe, keystone, mammoth, N*...not anywhere

whistler is in a class by itself
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

I bike long tyme.
    King Gull,
    Snowshoe does indeed tear down the Monster Park course after each event. But what I feel most mean to be speaking of isn't the Monster Park course which is only temporary and right in the middle of a ski slope but the actual freeride Bike Park that encompasses a very large portion of the eastern slope of the mountain. That stays intact in the woods all year long and is basically nothing but technical singletrack and stunts.
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

Hikers suck.
    Oct 2005
    no...definately not, in my opinion at least it doesn't get any better then dirt merchant, crabapple, a- line, garbanzo...oh yeah heaven on downhill bikes.
    California Sucks...I'm moving to Whistler.

Lez go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secace
    the actual freeride Bike Park that encompasses a very large portion of the eastern slope of the mountain. That stays intact in the woods all year long and is basically nothing but technical singletrack and stunts.
    Is the freeride bike park on the lift or the shuttle side of the mountain? Went to snowshoe 2 years ago, but the lift side was a mess from a few days of rain. Is there a lot of new stuff there since '05?
    Team C2G
    Jah is my copilot.

I bike long tyme.
    Both sides have lifts but in terms of which are operational most of the time for bikes, the Bike Park is on the back side of the resort on the bike shop side serviced by the Ballhooter lift. I'd guess about 6-7 new routes were cut off existing trails in the Bike Park for the '06 season.
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast