mtbr member

Disc brake replacement pads

Hey,
    I'm looking for replacement pads for my disc brakes, and the reviews section of mtbr is kind of light on the aftermarket brands. I want good stopping power material but also organic so for reduced noise and modulation (I ride some trails in which I like to keep noise to a minimum so I don't disturb the forest creatures ;-). Some brands I saw out there are Swissstop and Kool Stop.

Can anyone share good/bad experiences with some of these after market brands?

Thanks!
    --
    If I work to pay for my rides - then why am I at work right now??

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    and yer runnin WHICH brake/rotor/size combo? it matters. but generally speakin, oem pads outperform aftermarket pads.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    I bought two sets of Kool Stop for my Codes and I'm very pleased. I rode last season on one set and still have plenty of bite as of now. But notice that I live in NE so no winter riding.
    Oh, I got them on ebay for almost nothing, which is the best part of the story.

mtbr member
    I'm using Shimano XTR M-965 with 203mm rotors.

Are the Kool Stop organic or metal? I'm interested in quiet and also adding modulation (the XTR don't have much modulation in them, but they're powerful enough).
    --
    If I work to pay for my rides - then why am I at work right now??

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Is it a good idea to use a re bonded brake pads than buying new one? Many bikers use this in my country and it dirt cheap since cost 100 Philippine pesos($4.75). I use an entry level Shimano Alivio disc with resin pads.

Glad to Be Alive
    sometimes I run half and half...half ceramic and half metal
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days