mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Dirtbag, SX Trail, 7point

Looking around at used, I see several of each: SX trail, Dirtbag, 7point (all 2007-2008).

I can get the dirtbags (v2) cheaper w/better spec, but I'm wondering if it will pedal as well as the other two with a well-setup roco TST or DHX.

(Not so concerned about weight, I know the SX trail will be a pound lighter than the other two)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    sx trail will have the best geometry, Slightly jaded as I love my sxTrail. have ridden dirtbags, and the 7point. I would choose SxTrail, 7point, then the Dbag. If your set on transition (awesome company BTW) I would look at the tr250. the "newer" type of geometry, slack and low is the way to go.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Tr250 is pretty much out as i need a bike that can climb. No brand preference, just found a great deal on a dirtbag. I guess what im really after is if the dirtbag that much worse at climbing or close enough w/platform shock.

mtbr member
    SX or Dirtbag. Iron Horse is gone so I am not sure if replacement bearings are easy to come by. Transition does not make the Dirtbag anymore but bearings/der hangers are still available. I have a DB so I am slightly biased. There are a lot of Specialized bikes out there so its cool to have something different. As far pedaling goes, its my only bike and I use it for everything.

SamIAm
    i say old sxt. maybe because thats what ive been runnin for 5 years. only had to replace chainstays 2x. headtube and rest of frame still seem fine(knock on wood)

it has the best geo out of anything ive ever seen from 05-08, slackest and lowest. and now i run mine in tall setting to keep from scrapin pedals.

should pedal better than the DB. only thing ur missing is the fullseat tube. which would be nice. but whatevs,
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

mtbr member
    if you don't care about age, brand or it being a discontinued model but you want something that climbs well. the Marin Quake series climbs ridiculously well. Marin Quake end of year CLOSE OUTS - Pinkbike.com

starting 2012, the only bike frame with that Quad design Marin uses will be the Team DH model with a ga-zillion inches of travel.

l have been selling the Quake series since 2006, sold a lot of them... ride one myself. love it... and no kidding, it can climb and really well too. really well.
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

If you think you can
    I've owned a 7 point. It did climb good for what it was. It was heavy so I hated climbing with it though. You can get replacement bearings for it through enduro. But, I would probably pick the sxt if I were you. Everything I have heard about them is amazing. And it will be lighter than both of the other two.

staike
    Depends what you're using it for. I had both a 7point and a 06 Enduro (excact same frame as the sx trail). I used the 7point for downhill and the sx trail for xc/am. If you want an all around playful bike, pick the sx trail.