RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

Diabolus or Pig DH Pro headset

the Race Face looks cooler, and costs almost 2x as much. I used an FSA Pig DH Pro on a XC bike and beat the hell out of it with no problems. But that's a 30lb bike, this is a 52lb DH rig (I know, it's PLUMP, you should see my pathetic bunny hops) It takes a lot harder hits. Is the Race Face worth the extra $30?
    Last edited by RTM; 01-12-2006 at 09:47 AM.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

Bum Buzzer
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM
    the Race Face looks cooler, and costs almost 2x as much. I used an FSA Pig DH Pro on a XC bike and beat the hell out of it with no problems. But that's a 30lb bike, this is a 52lb DH rig (I know, it's PLUMP, you should see my pathetic bunny hops) It takes a lot harder hits. Is the Race Face worth the extra $30?
    I dont know about weight difference, but the Pig DH Pro is an awesome headset - smooth and brutally strong. Going another route would only be for the sake of style or weight.

As for price - Go-Ride has PIG DH PRO for 45, and Diabolous for 65.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck Banzai
    I dont know about weight difference, but the Pig DH Pro is an awesome headset - smooth and brutally strong. Going another route would only be for the sake of style or weight.

As for price - Go-Ride has PIG DH PRO for 45, and Diabolous for 65.
    I run Pigs on my park bike and my trail bike and have never had a single issue with them...just how a good component should be. The icing is that they are cheap too.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    The FSA Pig is a better Headset than the Raceface, I've had both.Also happens to be half the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    I run Pigs on my park bike and my trail bike and have never had a single issue with them...just how a good component should be. The icing is that they are cheap too.

mtbr member
    My LBS sells both and I've had discussions with them about this same subject and basically they said that the Pig is one of the best headsets regardless of cost. They put them on a lot of bikes because they work so well.
    "Hold it wide and let it slide" - Sam Hill.

mtbr member

iv been runnin

the pig DH pro for a couple years now and never did anything to it/forgot it was there. I weigh 220 and hit good sized drops bigger than me most everytime I ride.
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

Authority is dead!
    I keep trying to kill my Pig Dh Pro: no go. About two years. Never touched the thing.
    [SIZE=5]For the love of Oi[/size]

[size=6]Rent a house at Attitash[/size]

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    pg pro.. no probs, , decently deep cups too

ride hard take risks
    Go with the big Pig Pro, pigly be beefy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Go with the big Pig Pro, pigly be beefy
    Agreed with all the above. I've had Pig Pro DH's on two different bikes including my DH bike. Tons of punishment on the front end, it still looks new and butter smooth. Props to FSA.
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    i have the pig on two bikes. they are really good headsets. the one on my scream is 3 years old and going strong. i was lucky to score the pig for $25

Meh.
    I have the deepcup version of the Pig. Very cheap, and very strong. Nice bearings, rolls smoothly. IMO, the RaceFace isn't worth it. Get the Pig.

Bum Buzzer
    Huck Addendum: I have 2 Pig DH Pro's - never a problem - plenty of abuse (although plenty of people go plentyh bigger and plenty more abuse, but I know some - and they havent had any probs whatsoever)

I couldnt comment on the Diabolous - except that it does look sweet IMO.

*I* would go Pig!

oink

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    The Pig DH headsets are awesome headsets. They work great and the price is top notch. However the Race Face is also a great headset. IMO, they are both pretty equal in quality but the Pig is a better choice for most because it's cheaper. Only get the RF one if the looks are worth the extra $ to you.

Juanjo
    I have a Pig DH pro on my LeToy and just got one for my Morphine... mmm... I think I go for the Pig too...

BTW, cambria (CBO) have it for 30bux...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

The Gnarchitect Sketch.
    Yeah, what everyone else said.

I run a pig pro dh. a reg pig and a pig 1.5.

The pro has been on 2 diff bikes and been DH raced on a HT ridden by a one-eyed madman and still feels smooth as new. (okay, I made up the one-eyed madman part, but the rest is true). Haven't used the RF but I couldn't imagine justifying spending more.

T.Dot Represent
    i love my diablous... nice deep cups save the head tube plus u cant argue with teh sweet warranty!
    [SIZE=5]fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle[/SIZE]