Locs on Spokez

DHR Vector Air HLR Cam

I got a fresh set of needle bearings from Enduro and the righteous Vector Air HLR so I thought it'd be pretty neat to watch the rear end do it's job. Here's a little video from yesterdays shred

Vector-Cam

Last edited by Iggz; 05-11-2012 at 03:28 AM.
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

MTB B'dos
    Would have been more interesting if you'd pushed the travel o-ring back up each time you stopped to see how the different hits moved it. Looked pretty good though, at first was watching and saying hum, looks like it has the DHX problem of not getting full travel, then you nailed the 2nd big jump/drop and it pushed the o-ring almost off, then again and again Really would like one of these for my Prime, but alas, that will have to wait, more important things for the $$ to go to and suffer with my DHX.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

RideDirt
    Sweet camera mount, i always like these kinda of views so you can see what your bike is actually doing ... So how does that shock hold up? I have a new fox van rc coil shock and been thinking about going to air for weight etc but i like the feel of the coil .

mtbr member
    WANT! The CCDB air is getting all the press right now but I'd take one of these over it ANY day! Had it's predecessor - the H3LT and was the best air shock I'd ridden. Those who say air is no good for DH/FR have never been on X-Fusion if you ask me.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    iggz,,,,,
    how do you rate the xfusion suspension,,,, are they really as good as people say they are,,,

Locs on Spokez
    @ LyNx - I'm running the high-speed compression 2 clicks from fully on and 220 psi in the boost which is considerably more than necessary but I like keeping that last .25" of stroke available. The DHR leverage curve and the high-speed compression along with the boost psi = amazingness

@ aedubber - I've only had the shock for a few weeks now but so far I haven't had a single issue. When the time comes to rebuild it though, it's really simple. I honestly prefer it to my coil Vector HLR. The bike reacts to stuff predictably and it just makes riding more fun at the end of the day. It'd be freakin' sweet on your Operator

@ Gman086 - The thing that's lame about the CCDB Air is that you have to send it back for rebuilds. I already had to deal with that back in the day with a CCDB from my M6 and I'd rather never have to again. Poppin' this shock apart takes a minute tops and you can tweak it to your preference (mine has a negative-air volume spacer) Keep on keepin' on.

@ delirian - Yes.

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz View Post
    I honestly prefer it to my coil Vector HLR.
    Pleased to hear that. I've had the HLR Air on my Prime for about a week now, and I've been pretty impressed with it. I actually called X-Fusion to order the coil, and John talked me into the air.

I'm not the most savvy about suspension tech, but I've been really pleased with the X-Fusion. Setup was simple and straight-forward, and didn't take long for me to feel I had it dialed.

From what I've read, X-Fusion reminds me of Samsung about 10-12 years ago, when they were making premium products priced well below the competition.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Haven't e-seen you in a while iggz. Sweet vid! Loving my DHR thus far. Just had the front triangle replaced on warranty, the problem was unrelated to the recalled DHR's though. Long story. Do you still have your coil Vector?

Locs on Spokez
    Yeah, feel off the map with some lame health issues but 'salllll goooooddddddddddddd. Stoked you're diggin the DHR dude! And I do indeed still have the coil Vector with 300&400 ti springs

evasive - I like the Samsung comparison hahah dual monitor setup with samsungs has never failed me

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    good to hear everything is well with you. are you planning on keeping the coil Vector or would you consider selling it? i might be interested in it just to have a little bit of change

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Wondering about the preference of the vector air over the coil. Care to elaborate??

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I've been selling quite a few Vector's lately, Coil and Air. All my customers love them and the Air is VERY comparable to the coil. Compared to standard air shocks, they run way less air pressure. X Fusion is legit.