Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jzt
    mtbr member

DH Video - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

guys,

Video of a race we had on earlier this month. Its the rainy season right now and the course was super muddy & slippery. It was the final race of a year-long 6-race series (Malaysian DH GP Series). The course is in a suburb called Damansara Perdana if any of you ever come down to KL. Racers are locals, Singaporeans & expatriates working/studying here, a cool mix of different ppl. There's also bmx, 4x and dirt jumps at the place so its a pretty cool place to ride.

VIDEO LINK

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    dont wanna sound like an ass hole but some of those guys need suck

SNOWRIDER
    Don't listen to stinky looks like you guys had fun
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

For Those About To Ride
    looks really fun, nice to see that dh racing has beginners too not just pros that you hear about. looks so much fun makes me wana try racing next season

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyboy58
    dont wanna sound like an ass hole but some of those guys need suck
    Sounds like a proposal, 1 sik puppy!

ride hard take risks
    Mudddd dank that stuff is slippery, looks like all had a great time

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by shook_dh
    looks really fun, nice to see that dh racing has beginners too not just pros that you hear about. looks so much fun makes me wana try racing next season
    do it..it is a lot of fun
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jzt
    guys,

Video of a race we had on earlier this month. Its the rainy season right now and the course was super muddy & slippery. It was the final race of a year-long 6-race series (Malaysian DH GP Series). The course is in a suburb called Damansara Perdana if any of you ever come down to KL. Racers are locals, Singaporeans & expatriates working/studying here, a cool mix of different ppl. There's also bmx, 4x and dirt jumps at the place so its a pretty cool place to ride.

VIDEO LINK

very cool...post more
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    Cool video.
    What bike was that that the head tube snapped?
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

FreakFestAdventureTours

Good job!

that's some of the coolest shite that I've seen in a long time. Now, I have a new 'item' to put on my 'to do' list!

I might be moving to Cabo San Lucas Mexico. If so, prepare for a Cabo San Lucas DH trip to be organized! If partying is part of your DH trips abroad... prepare for greatness.
    [SIZE=5]MANNY VARGAS[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]FFAT || Freak Fest Adventure Tours[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Good Times, Good Ridin' and Good Vibes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Whistler - And Beyond[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]www.FFAT.biz[/SIZE]
    ffatbiz@aol.com
    619-788-2456

jzt
    mtbr member

Scott USA

The broken bike was a Scott USA. Don't know what model name but its their DH/FR bike. It has a funky adjustable headtube.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Greased pig contest...LOL! Yeah, I think some of Stinky58's comment has more to do with the obviously snotty and slick conditions on most of that course. The grainy video doesn't appear to do justice to the course conditions...you can tell by how squirrely the bikes are on some of the flat sections. Regardless I doubt this was supposed to be a Cedric Gracia showcase. This is just a bunch of riders, probably like us and maybe better than many of us, having a fun race. I think it's awesome. You often wonder what other DH/FR riders in remote parts of the world are doing with their bikes. Personally I'm an old, scared fart who will not ride on wet, snotty trails. Talk about a recipe for a broken hip...LOL! I don't care how good you are or how good your bike is...wet, snotty trails will usually reach out and bite your a$$! I'd love to ride that trail when it's dry.

jzt
    mtbr member

Photos

Here's another link to some photos of the race - there's an awesome sequence shot of an unlucky rider who crashed at the final gap jump.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jzt
    Here's another link to some photos of the race - there's an awesome sequence shot of an unlucky rider who crashed at the final gap jump.
    I like the sequence of pics of the guy coming up short on the double...I love the peoples reaction in the background

Glad to Be Alive
    oh and a Shiver
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 10:25 AM.

Whig party member

worst video and music ive ever seen.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    The sequence withthe guy coming up short is well done. Captures the "OH S***" moment really well.

It can't be easy riding on a course that is obviously made up of wet clay. I like the guy that bails right before the drop. Reminds me of something I'd do!
    -Skimming the successpool of corporate America-

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeRiderFraser
    worst video and music ive ever seen.
    please keep bad comments to yourself...because that is cool in Malaysia

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    I thought it was great footage. The course looked pretty simple, but you've got to admit that final gap jump was pretty big. I know at least one guy in Malaysia that would agree with me.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

Freeriding Feline

Cool Vid

I liked your vid. I think courses should be more basic for beginners (to increase confidence) and that one looked just right to me! Good luck in future events!
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

mtbr member
    Sik jungle footage!

kona-tize me captain
    great video, those berms in the first part look sick almost like there wooden but there not
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Hurdy Gurdy
    Nov 2005

Cool video!

Hi, just saw your video, and think it's good. Also saw you have put up the link to my gallery from the same event. It's a shame you didn't catch any of the riders on the last gap-jump from the side, as that really shows how big it is. Also difficult to get people to realize how deep and slippery that mud was, all respect to the riders that got through it! To see photos of the latest gap jumps to be built in Bukit Kiara, have a look at this; http://www.pbase.com/perhoem/saturday_morning_ride
    Ok, so they are not huge and death defying, but considering the narrow single track with berms you have to ride to get to it, and the tree that is sort of in the middle of the jump, and the very short and narrow landing, they are tough enough. I am still trying to gather up some courage to try....

mtbr remember
    yeah, looked squirrelly as all hell... but a good time still, I'm sure. I'd like to ride there sometime, terrain looks interesting... I've ridden in Japan, but I didn't have my own bike, and the environments were probably quite different...

for all the kids hating, let's see your vids...
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    well this yr is the first year i hope to get out and do some real DH my self,but that looks like a lot of fun.its def cool to stuff like that in other parts of the world such as that!!
    so this is how you add a signature!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast