Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

DH tubes or regular tubes

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  aedubber 
#1 ·
Ive been running tubeless for the past 2 years and am gonna try running tubes for a change.

Does everyone use regular tubes or DH specific tubes? Are the DH ones less likely to pinch flat? Im about to order some price point tubes and don't know if I should get the their DH tubes or the regular 2.25-2.5 tubes?

Thoughts??

#6 ·
I have the thick Kenda DH tubes and I will say that they do make a huge difference. I have felt/heard my rim hitting rocks and then pull over thinking I for sure had a flat....nope. 1 pinch flat in over a season of crappy lines, 28 psi, and 200+ lbs.....I am a believer.

#10 ·
Ive been running tubeless for the past 2 years and am gonna try running tubes for a change.

Does everyone use regular tubes or DH specific tubes? Are the DH ones less likely to pinch flat? Im about to order some price point tubes and don't know if I should get the their DH tubes or the regular 2.25-2.5 tubes?

Thoughts??
Use dh tubes for dh. Also, if you can buy them at a local bike shop that would be much better than buying online. Sure buying online can save you a few bucks, but it's nice to be able to buy a tube on a Sunday from your lbs.

#12 ·
Man I find that it has a lot more to do with the width rating of the tube than the thickness. For example, with my 2.5 tires if I run a 2.25-2.5 "DH" tube ($18) it'll pinch flat much easier than a 2.4-2.75 standard tube ($10). I'm assuming it's because they don't stretch so much to fit the tire and that's what makes the difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.