mtbr member
    Oct 2007

DH rig from Saracen.

Just saw this on BikeRadar.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...rst-look-25145

We’ve reported previously on the resurrection of Saracen bikes, and now the company have released details of their new Myst downhill bike, albeit in prototype form.

After signing British dirt jumper Lance McDermott to ride the new Amplitude jump bike, it seems that Saracen aren’t ruling out the possibility of a downhill race team either, with Saracen brand manager Simon Wild saying: “We’re serious about the future and wouldn’t rule out a race team for 2011.”

We wonder whether the Athertons will one day pilot a Saracen downhill bike to victory...

The Myst pictured is a high-end build, weighing in at just over 38lb, but a more affordable yet still raceworthy bike looks viable for around the £2,000 mark, and should be available to buy by July.

Wild said: “We’ve got a medium (black frame) and large (white frame) that we will do shock testing on in March with Mojo. The bike is the first sample and uses a conventional front section. We’re working on a front section with new tubes and these will be ready closer to the launch in July.”

Interesting linkage. I can't really tell if it pulls or pushes, haha. Presentation-wise I think it's cool looking though.

mtbr member
    Looks cool, looks like a complicated single pivot.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    looks like the linkage swings back then up and maybe the seatstay swings that linkage down, kind of confusing to me but an interesting concept.

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    i dig it
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    On reexamination I don't think it actuates by pulling, because it's a single pivot so the seatstays will have to move forward first. The linkage does look complicated. Perhaps more so than it needs to be, but I'm sure there's a reason.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    looks like the TR450's linkage

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by brillantesdv
    looks like the TR450's linkage
    looks good
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Now with More Wood
    Looks cool (and will do even more so with some orange bling on there to match those linkages...RaceFace bars, orange SRAM stuff, some orange hubs...whatever... ).

As for the suspension, yes, another single pivot with linkages to control suspension rate. Looks like it was designed to ramp up significantly towards the end of the stroke, which will probably allow them to run software spring and give a really compliant ride. Wouldn't be surprised if it got reviews like the Makulu (when it does make production, that is...).

Excellent material for e-Speculation...

mtbr member
    wow i don't get how some of you are finding the link confuseing, personaly i find it very straight forward.

hell wait till you discover the 303, its like it has sliders, wtf?

all joking aside

im hoping it turns out to as good a bike as it looks, and i do want to swing a leg over one at some point

(mtbr seems slow on the update stuff, we had proto drawings, 3D mock ups, and the proto XC bike months ago on a local DH forum)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    Peaty and Rob Warner once rode for Saracen, so why not them instead of the Athertons?
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    video of the linkage in action

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18bikes/4382048123/

DenverDH'er
    Looks mean. I like.