Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dh race frame

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

dh race frame

I hate to do this, but here is another recommend a frame thread. I currently have a Intense SS1, which I love, but its not the best for racing which is what I am getting into. I will be keeping the SS for trips abroad and other fun stuff, plus i have an xc bike so pedaling is not an issue. What I want - 150mm rear spacing, I want to keep my nice wheel set. Frames I have on my short list -
    Canfield Jedi
    Xprezo Furax
    Recommend away!
    edit - i will probably be buying used. Not looking to buy immediately, just wanna look out for good deals

mtbr member
    $....?

Huffy Rider
    Jedi, customer service is AMAZING. I love my Canfield!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    canfield or devinci wilson, mondraker summum, morewood makulu.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by howardyudoing View Post
    $....?
    i would like to aim for around 1500 and under for a used frame... that would seem reasonable no?

mtbr member
    What size are you looking for? I am selling a Small Jedi frame

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill View Post
    What size are you looking for? I am selling a Small Jedi frame
    medium

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Intense 951?

Glad to Be Alive
    Downhill domination.......Intense M9...can adjust so much on it for particular courses
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    Downhill domination.......Intense M9...can adjust so much on it for particular courses
    I agree but another one that merits a look in my opinion is the SC V10c.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnozpikr View Post
    I agree but another one that merits a look in my opinion is the SC V10c.
    from my brief research v10c are pretty pricy even when used - the cheapest i saw was 2 grand for frame. same with the m9. While I would love having either one of those, paying that much for a used frame does not justify it in my opinion - if i had 2 grand alone for a frame id just spring for a new jedi and be done with it. My idea is to sorta budget it - switch over what i can from my current frame - wheels + brakes + random bits, and try to fit fork + frame within ~2000. I assume i wouldn't be getting the latest greatest frame, just wondering what are good options out there. I dont think i would go below 2010 for the year of the frame

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DOCRIGID View Post
    canfield or devinci wilson, mondraker summum, morewood makulu.
    the makulu is actually a pretty sweet option, everything i read about them is positive, the prices seem reasonable and they look awesome to boot

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Jedi!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pizon View Post
    from my brief research v10c are pretty pricy even when used - the cheapest i saw was 2 grand for frame. same with the m9. While I would love having either one of those, paying that much for a used frame does not justify it in my opinion - if i had 2 grand alone for a frame id just spring for a new jedi and be done with it. My idea is to sorta budget it - switch over what i can from my current frame - wheels + brakes + random bits, and try to fit fork + frame within ~2000. I assume i wouldn't be getting the latest greatest frame, just wondering what are good options out there. I dont think i would go below 2010 for the year of the frame
    You can buy a used Jedi or Carbon V10 fully built for 3500 or less right now, although frame only prices have the V10c a little pricier. There have been several available at this price for a while now. I watch PB and Ebay steadily as I am also in the market for a new rig and these are my only 2 choices.

I have ridden the carbon V10 and its sick, handles every type of terrain like its on rails. I also owned an older version of the V10 and it, too, was amazing. Can't go wrong with one of these, they're bombproof backed by a great company.

The Jedi I have not ridden but I have stopped every Jedi rider I've seen this summer to pick their brains and not one of them has expressed even the slightest bit of dissatisfaction. They all love it and most said they'll never get any other bike. I own a 2011 Canfield The One and use it for DH until I can afford a bigger one. The One is hands down the best bike I've ever owned and dealing with the Canfield guys has been great, they really know how to back a product. I doubt I'll buy any other type of frame while these dudes are in business.

Other than those 2 which are my favs, I really liked the giant glory and have many many friends riding on the Demo 8, both of which can be had for fairly cheap used.

mtbr member
    With what's on the list I say Jedi....

Bike rocks....
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    For a custom race build, I'd go Turner DHR or Banshee Legend. For already built race bikes....hard to beat the Glory!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    The Devinci Wilson is pretty amazing and normally sell a bit cheaper used I find then some other brands.

mtbr member
    I hate to do this, but here is another recommend a frame thread. I currently have a Intense SS1, which I love, but its not the best for racing which is what I am getting into. I will be keeping the SS for trips abroad and other fun stuff, plus i have an xc bike so pedaling is not an issue. What I want - 150mm rear spacing, I want to keep my nice wheel set. Frames I have on my short list -
    Canfield Jedi
    Xprezo Furax
    Recommend away!
    edit - i will probably be buying used. Not looking to buy immediately, just wanna look out for good deals

I have a medium 951 frameset that I will be putting up for sale soon if your interested

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Tree - im not looking to buy right now.
    Turner dhr go for ungodly amounts... Banshee legends are quite resonable

******ed or Branded??
    Being that the 2012 year is ending soon, the 2013 stuff is just around the corner. So I would hold off and see what kind of desprate sells people post to get the latest and greatest.

That being said my vote is the Jedi, been on a Jedi since 08' first gen right after the formula 1 frames.
    been on and played around on a demo, 951, knolly podium, kona, and hands down best bike I personally love. Can't go wrong. Matter of fact lots of my friends are seeing the light and now considering selling their current rigs to get on a Jedi new or used.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Matter of fact lots of my friends are seeing the light and now considering selling their current rigs to get on a Jedi new or used.
    Drinking the poi-ade! Jedi just sticks to the trail. Currently riding a 951 which I like but the stability on the jedi can't be beat.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    OK so a question to all the Jedi owners - when did they switch over to 142 rear spacing? Is it 2012 forward or 2013 forward? What is the oldest year you would consider getting?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    OK so a question to all the Jedi owners - when did they switch over to 142 rear spacing? Is it 2012 forward or 2013 forward? What is the oldest year you would consider getting?
    I'm not aware of Jedi's being 142mm, they are 150mm rear. The One however switched to 142 this year.

2011 is when they really modernized it, so I would stick with 2011 or 2012. Lots of frames around...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I must have confused myself. Just checked the website and its 150mm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    alight well thanks all for all the input. I'll be keeping a lookout for a jedi, and if not a makulu or legend mkII as backup plan. I dont think I can go wrong with those options

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast