DH handlebar height

Printable View

• 01-02-2013
    Tulok
    DH handlebar height
    I was wondering what you guys run your bars at, I noticed my bars are pretty low compared to my seat!
  • 01-02-2013
    myarmisonfire
    Maybe your seat is high?
  • 01-02-2013
    Lelandjt
    Compare bar height to the ground and BB height, not seat height. Take rider height and steepness of trails into consideration when comparing bar height to other bikes.
  • 01-02-2013
    Tim F.
    Sounds like your arms are too short, or your seat is too high.
  • 01-02-2013
    Tulok
    Ok, that's a lot better way to describe it, I figure I've got the post set down and I'm crouching on the pedals anyways. I haven't gone OTB yet so I think i'm good then?
  • 01-02-2013
    echo24
    you havnt gone down a steep hill then. i do run a high seat cause when i get into some steep areas i use it to rest my chest on. that way i can keep my nuts from gettin caught up in the tire. and i also have 50mm risers with a 30mm stack. i like taller bars too
  • 01-02-2013
    aedubber
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulok View Post
    Ok, that's a lot better way to describe it, I figure I've got the post set down and I'm crouching on the pedals anyways. I haven't gone OTB yet so I think i'm good then?

Well you first need to find out what part of the forums your posting in wanker , as an XC AM and DH bike are DIFFERENT :skep: .... Just sayin
  • 01-03-2013
    mbell
    Post a pic of your bike.
  • 01-03-2013
    Tulok
    I have got a lot of different bikes, I don't have a real DH rig yet though, I'm just trying to figure out why each bike is setup the way it is so I can make my bike how I want it.

I wasn't thinking about seat height but I suppose on a DH rig your seat is a lot lower to get it out of the way.
  • 01-03-2013
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    ride what you feel is the best comfort and feel for you