Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thats not a picture of me

Devinci guzzler any good?

ok i got a good condition devinci guzzler frame (2003) for what i believe is a good price (100 dollars?) and just was wondering if this was a good frame, if it was strong, if it could take the hits (hey im working my way up the freeride latter at a pretty good pace) and all around if its a good frame

also is it ok to use a freeride frame for urban riding/dirtjump once in a while? im pretty sure it is but just double checking

i told the buyer i would buy it an have my hand on the pay now button but just want some input first since according to a few members my last frame purchase was a bad one

banned
    It bites the big one. ECH tore the headtube off several of them.

Meh.
    It's not a horrible bike. It's much better than what you have now.

Juanjo is also a crazy creepy old man who has made a game out of tearing headtubes off of frames (3 Guzzlers, 1 Soul Cycle Titan, 1 P.frame). That said... The Devinci frames seemed to be the first to give out on the ones he's had.

banned
    I hope the headtube impales you when it shears off.

lmao yah itll have to hit me pretty hard seeing as head tubes arent sharp

wow a bike xsl doesnt think is a complete piece of crap is it a good buy for a hundred bucks? looks to me it is seeing how it msrp'd for 3000 and has great reviews (i THINK better or equal to the rating of the heckler i dont remember, but then again alot less people)and its rated as fr by devinci and is compatible with any travel fork (according to devinci warranty)

Meh.
    When headtubes sheer off, they don't sheer off in nice dull safety edges for you.

Again, you're manipulating my words, and quite unskillfully at that.

Beer Swilling Clyde
    Quote Originally Posted by standard235
    Dont know anything about that frame but from what I've saw on this forum doesn't he ride with a 7 inch white bro's. Looks like a cool fork but i'm sure it's too much for alot a frames without a super reenforced headtube

OG
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    When headtubes sheer off, they don't sheer off in nice dull safety edges for you.
    They don't??? Oh shizzle, my whole world has just been rocked....

-Nate

aka Jesse Palmer
    Get the guzzler, it has needle barings and you will never be able to break it (unless you really are a grotesquely obese as you claim).

Juanjo
    good memories...

if you run it with a SC you'll be ok..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

Bum Buzzer
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastHucker
    good memories...

if you run it with a SC you'll be ok..
    Both those MoFo's pictured suffered from SHRS (Sudden Headtube Removal Syndrome)

and at least one of those forks is 6' under too!

HUCKER!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    lmao yah itll have to hit me pretty hard seeing as head tubes arent sharp
    please go kill your self, for thinking that. seriously how ****ing dumb can u be. when a headtube ripps off its shap as ****. i had a giant iguana, and the headtube tore off when i was only using it for xc. i got 7 stitchs in the cheek. my friend tore the HT off of a kona scrap, and his face was bleeding really badly from it. and i was talking to the owner of a local bike shop and he said that one of his friends DIED because a torn off head tube peirced through his throat.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by standard235
    yeah but he was using a dc fork
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

really eh? because when i look at my headtube it is a circular shaped blunt object incapable of piercing unless carved into a sharp manner, and besides i doubt it goes flying up at me at 200 mph per hour when/if it were to sheer off, and also the headst rounds it off even moreso so at the worst i imagine it would bruise me but if it were to sheer off id probably be on the floor before the headtube could touch me

and when did i claim to be super obese? im a heavy rider but not SUPER obese, maybe slightly over weight for my height of 5'10" well more then slightly but not grossly

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrio69
    please go kill your self, for thinking that. seriously how ****ing dumb can u be. when a headtube ripps off its shap as ****. i had a giant iguana, and the headtube tore off when i was only using it for xc. i got 7 stitchs in the cheek. my friend tore the HT off of a kona scrap, and his face was bleeding really badly from it. and i was talking to the owner of a local bike shop and he said that one of his friends DIED because a torn off head tube peirced through his throat.

what bike killed the guy? did the family sew the company or anything?
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

banned
    DUDE. When metal fatigues, it's like an aluminum soda can if you will. Never get perfect edges.. you get imperfections which are SHARP and WILL cut you. Hell, the chainstays on my old Hardrock that I snapped were sharper than FOCK

Meh.

That is a very clean break. Note jagged edges.

banned
    There you have it, dumb****.

jeesh by the time the headtube sheers off which it wont i would have fallen of the bike anyway, and if it did it wont stab me, maybe give me a scrape of moderate proportions, but probably not stab me because there is no piercing portion the part that would hit me is rounded and would just knock me off if anything, or in worst case senario it will cut me but either way no impaling back to the devinci guzzler now, it looks quite decent, i mean so what if its 4 bar linkage im sure it could still take a beating?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by potvinwannab
    really eh? because when i look at my headtube it is a circular shaped blunt object incapable of piercing unless carved into a sharp manner, and besides i doubt it goes flying up at me at 200 mph per hour when/if it were to sheer off, and also the headst rounds it off even moreso so at the worst i imagine it would bruise me but if it were to sheer off id probably be on the floor before the headtube could touch me
    OMFG, how ****ing retarded can u be. when a HT breaks off it is sharp and jagid, it doesnt just slide out from were the welds are. ok here, to dumb it down for u, go to a bar and get a bottel of beer, once u finish it take it and hold it by the part that u drink out of, hit it as hard as u can on the edge of the bars counter top, look at it. its sharp as **** and jagid, NOT smooth and round. now take that and start jabing it on ur face. thats what happens when a HT snaps off.

o and Austin, i dont know what brand/make the bike was, i dont know hoo the guy was. thats all i was told.

Look smart one before you go blowing your mouth off the man said he hopes it IMPALES me, do you know what IMPALE means? It means pierces through one end of your body (in this case the front) and punctures all the way through to the other part (backside)

yes if a headtube sheers off it is jagged but it wont impale you, it could cut you but it will not impale you unless your holding on increadibly tight to the handlebars and go flying along with the whole front end, and land directly over the headset from a 30 footer, then the headtube might impale you, along with the fork

its the same as taking one of those wood saws, the ones with the rectangular shape and the jagged edges, now slam that rectangular part into yourself and nothing will happed, but if you turn it to the jagged side it will cut you but not impale you, IMO being impaled is MUCH worse and severe then being torn a new one by the sharp headtube edges

aka Jesse Palmer
    IMO being impaled is MUCH worse and severe then being torn a new one by the sharp headtube edges
    Really?

...well maybe not quite 30 feet but still a moderate sized drop

-> SickLines.com <-
    do you know what IMPALE means? It means pierces through one end of your body (in this case the front) and punctures all the way through to the other part (backside)

Actually thats not what impale means.

ohh jeesh so it doesnt have to go all the way through suffice to say impale means to be pierced with a sharp object like shrimp on a skewer PIERCED not graded by a sharp edge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast