Thread: Demo 7 II

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    all I know is that they're made out of the M4 alloy instead of the A1 to save weight, but I'm not sure on the weight of the bike. we haven't gotten one in the shop yet.

Premium Member

Demo 7 II

Anyone know the weight out of the box? Initial impressions? Comparisons to the older Demos?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    At the risk of sounding dumb, I'll tell ya that I haven't ridden it yet...
    But I've seen a few at my LBS. Both Is and IIs.

From an esthetic POV, man they are awesome!!! The Totem looks like it was built into it, it really fits that well. And the paintjobs look A LOT better in real life.
    Plus, they said that the stickers peel off very easily.

It's a beautiful, beautiful bike. And they're selling like hot cakes. If you didn't get one yet, I think you're SOL. They told me that Specialized is sold out in North America.

Think those are gonna be a big hit (no pun) this year.

(I'm almost sorry I didn't get one - I went with a VP Free...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    wizzler is a must. although then it consumes all your waking and sleeping thoughts until you can return.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    I can't comment on the weight, though there's a kid from the shop I ride for who probably will shortly, but they are sweet bikes. I just picked up a D8 and after comparing the kit on most of Spec Ed's lineup this season to the competition, I think the bikes can't be beat for the money. Several guys on the team are looking at DH bikes from another big company (who I won't name here), and I'd be looking at spending $350 more for a comparable bike that weighs 3lbs more, with a 5year warranty (as opposed to lifetime) - my decision to go with the Demo seemed like a no-brainer after doing my research.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro.nin
    It's a beautiful, beautiful bike. And they're selling like hot cakes. If you didn't get one yet, I think you're SOL. They told me that Specialized is sold out in North America.
    Are they going to get more? I am going to get one before this summer, I hope
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Having trouble myself finding a new DEMO 8.
    Thanks Godzilla
    "BONES HEAL, CHICKS DIG SCARS, PAIN GOES AWAY"
    07 SX TRAIL III
    07 DEMO 8

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    Are they going to get more? I am going to get one before this summer, I hope
    If Spec. runs out of something this early they will probably make another batch. That's the case for the SX Trails at least.