Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkwat
    Yeah, i would be pissed in spesh didn't own up to getting me a new frame.
    they offered. i spend tons of hours clear braing that frame. Didnt really want to go through that again. they offered to do something nice for me next year when upgrade time comes around. If that works out well im sure you'll be hearing me sing praises of specialized all season ....we'll see.
    -=-=Quiver=-=-=-
    2011 Demo 8.II Highlighter Yellow
    2011 SX 4x
    2010 Enduro Pro Carbon
    2012 Hardrock 29er

Tire Geek O_o

No good

Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    So, the issue is Spesh have put out an inferior product and not told anybody. If they're going to do that they should have put it in writing that you can't run 40s, or need to use a taller headset or... something. Not saying anything then looking surprised when damaged frames come back isn't a great advert.
    The Issue is Specialized designed a bike to be used specifically with SRAM´s (Rock Shox) Boxxer. Great bike, and frame, but you want to ride it? you have to buy a Boxxer. Big business.

BUT what for all of us who dont like Boxxers? I actually like Marzocchi´s 888, or in any case... a Fox 40!

As of this moment we are almost in 2013 and this was no mistake, they have changed nothing in this regard in the 2012 and 2013 Demos.

Badly done Specialized!
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

The Other Dude
    My 2013 carbon demo works fine with the standard fox 40 bumpers, no special bumpers needed
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Boomslang
    [QUOTE=cesalec;10002432]
    As of this moment we are almost in 2013 and this was no mistake, they have changed nothing in this regard in the 2012 and 2013 Demos.

[QUOTE]

Specialized has offered a Fox 40 specific bumper kit since the bike was first introduced. That seems like a solution to me.

Marzocchi is compatible with their stock bumpers.

JC

Boomslang
    Quote Originally Posted by cesalec View Post
    Specialized has offered a Fox 40 specific bumper kit since the bike was first introduced. That seems like a solution to me.

Marzocchi is compatible with their stock bumpers.

JC

brake later, pedal sooner
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8 View Post
    My 2013 carbon demo works fine with the standard fox 40 bumpers, no special bumpers needed

aluminum to carbon comparison??????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3