Thread: Deity Vendetta?

mtbr member

Deity Vendetta?

So I just ordered a Vendetta crank setup to replace a Saint on my hardtail......maybe just for $hits and giggles and to do something "different." I guess also because I like the company and I really dig their style. I haven't seen many people (or at least photos of people) using Deity cranks on freeride/dh bikes.......why?

GAME ON!
    because they're not really dh/fr cranks. they are dj cranks. while they can certainly be used for many disciplines, they have their place. same reason you dont see many (any?) xc bikes with saint cranks or dj bikes with carbon xc cranks. they might be out there, but you'll have to work to find pics of them.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    May 2007
    i got them on my intense ss. they're sik. maybe a little heavy though

mtbr member
    ^ That. They're nice and all, but there are lighter and cheaper cranks out there that are arguably just as strong, if not stronger.

mtbr member
    Good point....they do have a Ti spindle but that does put the setup on the pricey end of the spectrum. Looking forward to trying them out, nonetheless....I've never disliked any of their other parts, and I like their mission to provide highly functional parts that just plain look sick.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Can't run a standard mtb 4 bolt chain ring on them.

C S
    mtbr member
    I run the vendetta on my M9 currently and on the 951 before it. No complaints after almost 2 years

mtbr member
    I've run several vendetta cranks on a few of my bikes. They all worked great. I still have a set on my SS with a Ti spindle.

Sent from my iPhone via tapatalk
    Team _________

mtbr member
    I've got a set of vendetta's on my jump bike, they're not terrible, but not the best cranks I've had & installation was a complete PITA. The model I have is prior to the redesign. The bottom bracket did not last long before it started creaking & the sprocket wobbled when you torqued the sprocket bolt. I had to place a shim between the sprocket and the crankarm to minimize the wobbling.

They went to external cups on the BB, so you won't have that problem. Hoping they upped their QC on the crankarms. They look great though & are really tough.
    Check out my You Tube Channel

mtbr member
    I've run the most recent revision of the Vendetta (V3 I think? whatever uses the 48 spline, 19mm spindle) on my Banshee AM/light DH bike, with the external BB, and it's worked awesome for me so far, but I definitely agree that installation is a PITA. that being said, I've never done any other type of BMX-style 3 piece crank, or any of the external BB MTB cranks, so I don't have much to go on as far as comparison goes
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky View Post
    My butthole would pucker and invert until I was inside-out before I got to the bottom.