Thread: Deity Compounds

mtbr member

Deity Compounds

Anyone else running these guys on their downhill bike?

I've had mine on my bike for about a month now. At first I was running plastic... They felt solid, sealed bearings, through hole pins, flat design... I didnt want to diss them until I tried it, especially because of love the Decoys.

After riding them them hard.. slamming into rocks, huge jumps/ drops... and still holding up and looking great, I absolutely love them.

I wanted to know if anyone had any bad expirences running the compound material with the Deity's.

deity ::: Compound Pedals
    Last edited by kubo; 09-12-2011 at 11:14 AM.

#AINTNOBODYGOTTIMEFERDAT
    I've got em, and love em. Very light, inexpensive, nice pins, easily serviceable. Plus, I've never felt any other pedal brush off of rocks so nicely.

I don't understand how people can spend $200+ on pedals then just go smash them up in a rock garden.
    YouTube | #1 Rule for California mtb: If you're having fun, it's illegal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    they look cool... but for that price you could get a nice set of used pedals too...

SamIAm
    just got a pair at LBS for like 50bones 2 days ago. so far....right pedal was a bich to put on. had to really crank it. but guess that is kinda normal for diety pedals, says people.

and also, after a day looked down at right one again, and it was super sloppy. like about to fall off. after i figured out that the end cap was not the actual allen key, it was easy to tighten up. got a few hours on them jumping and so far fine. if it happens again i shall locktite it.

feels weird having no concave, coming off of old lo-pros. but thin is key. like it. pin setup is slick. feels like garbage without 510s tho, which stick just right.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

Pivotal figure
    I've been really curious to see how well the pins hold up to rock hits (letting somebody else be the tester this time though...).
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamL3227 View Post
    just got a pair at LBS for like 50bones 2 days ago. so far....right pedal was a bich to put on. had to really crank it. but guess that is kinda normal for diety pedals, says people.

and also, after a day looked down at right one again, and it was super sloppy. like about to fall off. after i figured out that the end cap was not the actual allen key, it was easy to tighten up. got a few hours on them jumping and so far fine. if it happens again i shall locktite it.

feels weird having no concave, coming off of old lo-pros. but thin is key. like it. pin setup is slick. feels like garbage without 510s tho, which stick just right.
    Same thing happened to me, the end allen started coming loose on the right side. After tighening it up it was fine but had me worried...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I really like them so far. We have two guys running them with no issues so far. Cant beat the price

SamIAm
    Quote Originally Posted by kubo View Post
    Same thing happened to me, the end allen started coming loose on the right side. After tighening it up it was fine but had me worried...

ditto. i was super worried. then i tried tightening that outside allen and all it did was turn over and i was like....wtf? super glad i did not try to make it work and just backed it out. then i found the secret allenkey hidden inside. and so far. so good.

few pedal scrapes so far and wow....very very different feel. and did not loose too much pedal either. small scrapes. hope thats how all them scrapes go. but we will see
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008
    These pedals have intrigued me for a while, not sure why. Very happy with my sunline v ones but and tempted to try these. maybe when I finally buy a dirt jumper.

Anyone that is having trouble with the end caps try some thread tape or the paste version.
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    ditto. i was super worried. then i tried tightening that outside allen and all it did was turn over and i was like....wtf? super glad i did not try to make it work and just backed it out. then i found the secret allenkey hidden inside. and so far. so good.

few pedal scrapes so far and wow....very very different feel. and did not loose too much pedal either. small scrapes. hope thats how all them scrapes go. but we will see
    Same thing for me as well... I tightened it and it turned over. I thought I stripped it out.

I'll try backing out that screw and looking inside for that other bolt later today..

#AINTNOBODYGOTTIMEFERDAT
    Update on my compounds: a rock large enough to catch my pedal on my non drive side pedal put me on my ass pretty hard and actually bent the spindle. It was a hard enough slam that I'm still walking with a limp a week later. Pedal body and pins are perfectly intact with no damage. Got a replacement spindle coming. $8 to fix LOL.

Had a similar wreck with my mag deity pedals about a year back and I bent the hell out of the body of the pedal, ripped a few pins out and bent the spindle.

For being +/- 30 grams of pedals that cost 3x-4x as much, I'm so sold on the compounds. Unsure why people would spend so much money on something they're just going to bash into rocks anyways. Traction is equal or greater than more expensive pedals I have ridden. (not going to name names)
    YouTube | #1 Rule for California mtb: If you're having fun, it's illegal.

mtbr member
    Another update:
    So after figuring out the internal screw issue (which I found out that the 2012 models should fix this). I have had no problems. I love how when cliping rocks they slide right off... I bent a few pins doing this but had them easily replaced.
    I have done huge drops/ jumps, some where it feels like I drive my shock into the ground with no problems.
    And the best part... besides a few hard to see scratches, they looks good as new.
    I agree Joe, I am sold on these as well...

SamIAm

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBMX View Post

For being +/- 30 grams of pedals that cost 3x-4x as much, I'm so sold on the compounds. Unsure why people would spend so much money on something they're just going to bash into rocks anyways. Traction is equal or greater than more expensive pedals I have ridden. (not going to name names)

totally agree. only reason i am going to shell out some major green again for pedals is most likely going to be the next iteration of the point1 or crampons.

ill pay for thinner. but its gotta be alot thinner.

compounds FTW !!!
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Definitely, worth checkin' out.

It's time for a road trip
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for the reviews. Might have to try out a set to compare to my Point1's.

mtbr member
    May 2008

So the compounds are not concave? I wish Deity would provide more info on their site. No dimensions listed, and no mention of flat or concave. If they are flat I'll hold off until someone puts out a composite pedal that's concave.

HT lists pedal dimensions for their nano so I"m assuming these are the same just rebranded with deity logo and taller pins.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Picked a pair of these for my first flats. We'll see how it goes!
    Last edited by Lindahl; 03-25-2012 at 10:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Digging this out of a shallow-ish grave. Anyone have anything further to report on these?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    nice

mtbr member
    They work well, especially off of rocks, but... they have thinner pins than the decoys and my 510's don't stay as firmly planted on them. My 661's do great with them tho because of tighter tread pattern that works better with thin pins. A buddy tapped out the plastic holes in his so as to be able to use the decoy pins. He swears by them now. Hard to argue the price!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Surprisingly good reviews for such a cheap lite pedal! Gotta get me some....

Couple of Q's.

- Can anyone who has these pedals possibly get a tape measure/ruler out and post up the dimensions?

- Does anyone know if Deity's claimed weight the actual weight?

Glad to Be Alive
    I weighed my set and they came in around 330 grams...that is a lite pedal,....still not enough time on them...but I like the lightness....will keep an eye on looseness....no problems putting them on
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Dirt Bike Craig
    Love these pedals on my XC and AM bikes. Just picked up a DH bike with some no name flat pedals and my shoes dont feel like they stick at all where as on my Diety's I feel glued to them. Going to throw a set of the Deity compounds on the DH bike now.
    As others have said they do loosen up a little bit but all you have to do is tighten the inner allen. Also, check your pins every once in a while. They say to make sure to tighten them before first use
    Last edited by FMX_DBC; 12-19-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Surprisingly good reviews for such a cheap lite pedal! Gotta get me some....

Couple of Q's.

- Can anyone who has these pedals possibly get a tape measure/ruler out and post up the dimensions?

- Does anyone know if Deity's claimed weight the actual weight?
    Pedal body is 100mm by 95mm,actual weight is 350 grams with a little dust on them.I just compared them to some wah-wah's and the deity's appear to have a bigger platform and are almost a 150 grams lighter.