mtbr member

Dave Mirra has passed away

This is such a horrible blow to the whole cycling community. I can't imagine how hard this must be for his poor wife and children. I remember being in awe as he would dominate bmx halfpipe and street competitions when I was a kid. I remember him having to semi-retire after his many concussions. After all the X Games stuff, he went on to race triathlons among other things, and was quite good at it. So sad to lose yet another legend, father, husband, and son. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Greenville Police: Famous BMX rider Dave Mirra dies of apparent suicide | News - WCTI NewsChannel 12

On this note. Please Please, if life seems like it's swallowing you up; If you feel that living is no longer worth the pain and suffering. If you feel that things can never get to where they ought to be, call someone. Don't act on those dark impulses. Please talk to someone before doing anything.

Know that you are not alone. Many others (myself included) have felt this way. It's never too late, and there are people around you that are willing to help without judgment, without condescension. We are all here together, and each of us has real value. Sometimes we can't see it in ourselves, but others can still see it. Please reach out. Know that we are here for you.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    Nice write up man.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

9 lives
    This is really sad. Sad loss. I can't imagine what his family must be going through

I also can't help but to think that he may have suffered for a long time. And I wonder if he had concussion related issues.

R.I.P.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    C.T.E. plain and simple. No amount of "counseling or consoling" nor even meds can help with that. Very sad.

RIP DM!
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    We're loosing Too many good people like this
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    '00 Homegrown

9 lives
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    C.T.E. plain and simple. No amount of "counseling or consoling" nor even meds can help with that. Very sad.

RIP DM!
    Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy. It can frequently lead to depression. See linkCTE
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

gone walk about
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy. It can frequently lead to depression. See linkCTE
    yup very sad indeed.

9 lives
    Although there is no definitive evidence CTE contributed to the X Games legendís death, the issue is becoming a concern for many professional riders

Pretending like head injuries aren't a big deal is a pretty big deal. Talk to your riding buddies. Learn how to spot the signs of a concussion.

Concussion questions haunt BMX after Dave Mirra's death | Sport | The Guardian
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies