Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Lots of "new" guys tried rampage this year and got a rude awakening (Pilgrim, Messere, etc...). Seems like you're just a wannabe poser just like me. But, please fart not in your mouth cause it reeks twice as bad.
    Folangag

I hate bikes.
    First things first, are you high on crack right now?? Feeling depressed so you have to ***** about DB?
    Berrecloth is a veteran and an asset to the sport. Without him the sport and life style of free ride would not be what it is right now. Yes, he can be serious and come across as a ****** sometimes. He is not. But have you really taken the time or had the opp to hangout and ride with him? I suggest you do before you go judging somebody as great to the sport as he is.
    Buffalo Creek sucks, stay in Denver next week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    anybody else feeling a troll?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nitecrwlr View Post
    I haven't been following darren for very long. My exposure to him is all the Rampage events. Can't that guy land ANYTHING? I am sure he is great at DJ but he has no business at Rampage.

Also got a chance to see him interviewed at the "Where the trail ends" RedBull premiere. He came across as a ******bag.

Can anyone tell me why he is famous?
    If you had the talent that Darren has in his right testicle, you wouldn't be here putn sh1t on him.
    You kind of made yourself out to look pathetic, well done!
    Last edited by SV11; 10-26-2012 at 08:16 PM.

RideDirt
    Nitecrwlr - Ill send you $1k if you can just clear 1 line at Rampage . These PROs make jumps, drops, and gaps look easy so maybe this is why you think he has no business there. Hey , you may not like a rider due to his character but NEVER discredit anyone from their hard work , years of broken bones, blood , and tears .

Nitecrwlr = FAIL everyone else = WIN

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    i used to ride bmx with darren back in the day. This is when he was just getting into mtb. we also built alot of ramps together at an abandoned tunnel here in town. If you don't mind let me tell you a quick story about Darren. At this tunnel where we were building in, there were lights on in the nightime while we built but no power source. We would bring down our cordless tools but when the batteries died that was it for building. Well darren spotted an electrical outlet on the the tunnel ceiling. It was probably thirty feet up. I looked at it and thought there is no way we are going to plug into that without a scissor lift. Well the next night i show up and sure enough there is a cord hanging from the outlet. Darren had nailed a bunch of 2x4's together end to end and after many hours of struggle had managed to get plug in the extension cord with his big stick. Unfortunately the plug in was not live. The guy is determined and driven. I think he is more focused a driving mtb in the direction of big mountain riding and not just bmx dirt jumping with bigger wheels. He goes for the hard tricks and hard lines. I watched him at crankworks a few years ago 360 look back the big gap at the end. That is one of the hardest tricks to be done at crankworks in my opinion. The back flips and tailwhips certainly look impressive but are childsplay when compared to a big spin trick. Darren has my respect.

further in person darren is one of the most humble down to earth dudes who just loves ridings bikes that you will ever meet.

my 2 cents

mtbr member
    Dont feed the troll.

boxcar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    Didn't Claw just come off a huge back injury right before Rampage this year?
    He did break his back again, this year in August practicing for Joyride, maybe six or seven weeks before the Rampage.

oh and +1 for Claw. one of the best and one of my personal favorites. A true pioneer
    Last edited by mtn.skratch; 10-27-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: +1 for Claw

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitecrwlr View Post
    I haven't been following darren for very long. My exposure to him is all the Rampage events. Can't that guy land ANYTHING? I am sure he is great at DJ but he has no business at Rampage.

Also got a chance to see him interviewed at the "Where the trail ends" RedBull premiere. He came across as a ******bag.

Can anyone tell me why he is famous?
    And keep in mind that he massively f-ed up his back a tCrankworx this year... And he still came out to Rampage.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by antihero19 View Post
    i used to ride bmx with darren back in the day. This is when he was just getting into mtb. we also built alot of ramps together at an abandoned tunnel here in town. If you don't mind let me tell you a quick story about Darren. At this tunnel where we were building in, there were lights on in the nightime while we built but no power source. We would bring down our cordless tools but when the batteries died that was it for building. Well darren spotted an electrical outlet on the the tunnel ceiling. It was probably thirty feet up. I looked at it and thought there is no way we are going to plug into that without a scissor lift. Well the next night i show up and sure enough there is a cord hanging from the outlet. Darren had nailed a bunch of 2x4's together end to end and after many hours of struggle had managed to get plug in the extension cord with his big stick. Unfortunately the plug in was not live. The guy is determined and driven. I think he is more focused a driving mtb in the direction of big mountain riding and not just bmx dirt jumping with bigger wheels. He goes for the hard tricks and hard lines. I watched him at crankworks a few years ago 360 look back the big gap at the end. That is one of the hardest tricks to be done at crankworks in my opinion. The back flips and tailwhips certainly look impressive but are childsplay when compared to a big spin trick. Darren has my respect.

further in person darren is one of the most humble down to earth dudes who just loves ridings bikes that you will ever meet.

my 2 cents
    very cool story !!! Hats off to the Claw !!
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P. View Post
    Dont feed the troll.
    +1.

Nice troll.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    CONTOUR - Cam McCaul Crashes hard at the Winterberg Red Bull Bergline - YouTube

Darren Berrecloth to the rescue. Watch to the end. Awesome guy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have nothing to say, except that I have complete utter respect for that man.

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by arkon11 View Post
    I have nothing to say, except that I have complete utter respect for that man.
    The only thing better than utter respect, is udder respect. Respect the teats!
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by z1freeride View Post
    CONTOUR - Cam McCaul Crashes hard at the Winterberg Red Bull Bergline - YouTube

Darren Berrecloth to the rescue. Watch to the end. Awesome guy.
    is there a doctor in the house....DR CLAW !!!
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

C S
    mtbr member
    Respect.

Locs on Spokez
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    nitecrwlr you are a kook

Hahahahah
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

FX4
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'll tell you what I think all these guys are amazing. Back in the late seventies when this was all getting started our tricks and jumps were nothing compared to what these guys are doing today. And yeah you do get older and can't perform stunts as well as a few years back. Such is life. More power to all these guys, they are all amazing. They do things I never would have thought possible.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darren berrecloth is overrated and annoying-picture-44.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    To me he always comes across as humble down to earth and straight shooter kinda rider.

I dont think i can recall any clips of him acting like a ******- ever ..

The Claw is a sponsors dream, in every way. Skills, manners and right attitude.

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    I always liked Darren, take it for what its worth I only know him from both print and video. (just like the OP) One of my favorites was this video linked below. As a matter of fact after watching the latest rampage I think Semenuk could learn a lesson or two from DB about competing and humility.

Berrecloth Gets an Unplanned Fishing Trip after Crankworx - YouTube

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Darren was the first succesful bmx convert. He's been riding big mountain lines since the very early days, and was the first to bring alot of the more technical bmx tricks to 26" wheels. And definitely the first to take them in to the big mountain riding. If i am not mistaken, he was the first to 360 off a drop to a big mountain chute. now he is one of the main player to be pushing this new unridden remote big mountain riding. One of the most innovative and important riders in the short history of mountain bike free riding. Not to mention one of the nicest and most likeable guys around. You need to watch some early vids, i.e. Roam, Seasons, some of the early NWD's. You will learn to respect him, and if not, you should just stop riding altogether. Watch the new episode of Life Behind Bars, and listen to the respect he has among his peers while at Rampage. And while youre at it, watch this interview too, has good riding littered through out so it won't be a bore.

Life Behind Bars - Life Behind Bars - Crashes and Qualifiers at Red Bull Rampage - Episode 14 - YouTube

NWD Greatest Hits interview - NWD Greatest Hits - Darren Berrecloth Edit Video - Pinkbike

Ohh, and he was on an MTV cribs episode. When was the last time a mountain biker was on cribs? ha

dont forget he broke his back a year ago and again right around joyride. only to compete in rampage 7-8 weeks later? not to mention slamming back first off a20 foot drop. one tough dude.hes 30 yo, knows his window is closing, and has done poor at the past two rampages....for those who didnt see it live, they interviewed all riders after their finals runs...after crashing out darren had the biggest smile out of everyone. you could tell he had a blast and just loves riding, great ambassodor(sp?) for the sport. cant see how anyone could speak nagatively about him.
    Last edited by csermonet; 11-01-2012 at 01:46 AM.

mtbr member
    I also have much respect for the claw,

but does he remind anyone else of AC Slater?

backwoods and backwards
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    is there a doctor in the house....DR CLAW !!!
    Pushing a couple medics out of the way to pop another rider's shoulder back in...That's pure freeride love right there!
    Moonbeam's compost-powered hybrid generates a respectable 32 fruit flies per rotting banana peel.

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by csermonet View Post
    Darren was the first succesful bmx convert..
    I'd have to question that - tons of bmx guys went to mtb at one time or another. Brian Lopes, Pete Loncarevich, Tinker Juarez, Toby Henderson, Cheri Eliot...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast