mtbr member
    Jan 2013

D/H and Freeride in Vernal Utah?

Anyone know what the D/H and freeride is like in Vernal Utah? Im possibly moving there in a few weeks. I love to ride but dont know anyone there........Thanks for the help!

www.derbyrims.com
    Check in with the local bike shop, Altitude Cycle in Vernal. There's a strong local trail building urge there including shuttle DH and stunt latters and chutes.

Very cold there now, burrrrrr. Summer is awesome! Drink bottled water, well water can be frack poisoned.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Canyons and Deer Valley resorts arent too far.
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Chutes and ladders was the freeride trail if I remember correctly. Awesome trails out there though. Altitude cycles are the guys to hit up for local riding info. There used to be a group that would ride every wednesday or so (xc guys) with beers and hotdogs afterwards.

I'd say hogwash on the well water being frac poisoned, but I wouldn't drink it. Anything that breeds that many mosquitoes is bound to introduce you to the green apple two step.

BTW, what takes you out to Vernal. Work was pretty hard to come by let alone keep when I left.
    Just another redneck with a bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks for all the comments gents! Im super stoked to ride the trails. Im from AZ and the DH Freeride trails are not great. Im exited to hit some trail, especialy ones w/ a lift! I got a job with Halliburton. Hopefully I can Keepit long term.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Is the I heart drilling guy still there? I may need a new sticker for my truck...
    Just another redneck with a bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Not sure yet. My start date is the 4th of feb. Still a bit sceered.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    i'm a couple hours east on 40 in steamboat, stop by this season!
    we may shoot out to vernal this spring to get some early riding in before the mountains here thaw out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Its gettin time to be ridin. When you guys gonna be out and about? I havnt been on my bike since December. Lookin to give these trail a go! Hit me up.