mtbr member
    May 2006

D*mn cold outside!

It's 50 something degrees outside, and I need to get out and scrub all the mudd off my gear and clothes I rode in this week. I did two different runs all week both were dry with crazy traction, but getting out and back few muddy and just wet spots with no way to get around them. Suprising how much mudd can splatter in less than 200 yards.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    HTFU.
    The splattering stops once temps drop in to the 20s.

Uphill? What's that
    Feel bad for you.. 8 inches of snow on th ground here in Pa. With a high of 25 degrees. My D.H. Riding is on the shelf until May..

DownhillBAWS
    Haha I'm Maine we got about a foot and a half of snow and it's in the teens right now. I can't ride till mayish
    Just take off the silver part you'll still have the pretty anodized partion, and you'll ride much faster. As fast as a 29er!

Huffy Rider
    Rode today, high of 45, going up was nice. Going down was freeeeezing! At least I can ride year around.

Glad to Be Alive
    cold here to...had a high of 57...

oh Tim...quit being lazy and wash bike...or just carry it on your back and walk it the 200 yards
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yup, had to rub it in, lol! I lived in Cleveland for year so I know all about snow and frozen ground and the wind chill going down hill.

Uphill? What's that
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F. View Post
    Yup, had to rub it in, lol! I lived in Cleveland for year so I know all about snow and frozen ground and the wind chill going down hill.
    At least you Only had to deal with it for a year. Not the cold " Cleveland"

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Bob View Post
    At least you Only had to deal with it for a year. Not the cold " Cleveland"
    you have no idea what Southern Cali is like...we have sunny and 70 for the next 10 days
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Give it a crank
    I dropped out of a new year's ride because it was in the 50's today. No excuses, I can't deal with the cold on my bike, I'm a wimp.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    According to a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter, its been between -4 and -22 Fahrenheit here, still rideable despite the snow.
    Lately its been around 32 and 38 though and raining, making puddles, which sucks, a lot. If there's one thing that I can't bare, its getting wet when its cold. Can't ski now either
    2011 Custom Transition TR250

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pädi View Post
    According to a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter, its been between -4 and -22 Fahrenheit here, still rideable despite the snow.
    Lately its been around 32 and 38 though and raining, making puddles, which sucks, a lot. If there's one thing that I can't bare, its getting wet when its cold. Can't ski now either
    Just above freezing is the worst! Wet and cold.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    It's currently a bone chilling 11 degrees outside. Needless to say the bike is going to be hung up for a while.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    cold here to...had a high of 57...

oh Tim...quit being lazy and wash bike...or just carry it on your back and walk it the 200 yards
    1st day, I hit it medium speed not knowing how sloppy and deep in spots it was.
    2nd day, decided to try and push bike around the nastiest spots, ended up slidding down a groved out rut and stil got full of mud.
    3rd day, screw it, plowed through it, and crashed into the side of the same V-groove that I fell in on day two!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    15 degrees yesterday, kept warm testing and shaping a new 25' double, pedaling my ass off trying to find the speed in three inches of snow...

RideDirt
    LOL how is 50 degrees cold to you guys ? Its about 26 today in NJ without the wind chill .. We got some frozen trails and snow all over still .. Anything below freezing is a tad chilly for me , but then again i dont have the proper gear for that kind of weather either .

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    LOL how is 50 degrees cold to you guys ? Its about 26 today in NJ without the wind chill .. We got some frozen trails and snow all over still .. Anything below freezing is a tad chilly for me , but then again i dont have the proper gear for that kind of weather either .
    50 is very cold when the wind starts blowing....we love our days of winter, when it is 70 to 80 degrees ....it $ucks bad at 50

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Depends on what you're used to, I still go riding when its around -22 degrees fahrenheit, but its suicide for me to go when its over 75.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    50 is very cold when the wind starts blowing....we love our days of winter, when it is 70 to 80 degrees ....it $ucks bad at 50
    Wow, so soft.......

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by General Mayhem View Post
    Wow, so soft.......
    we got 75 today

pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by Pädi View Post
    Depends on what you're used to, I still go riding when its around -22 degrees fahrenheit, but its suicide for me to go when its over 75.
    We can ride when its well below 0 in fact as long as your dressed for it its a lot of fun. I just don't like when there's a wind

Post some pics Padi I'd love to see some winter riding from Finland!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Currently sitting around in Germany where its raining but not freezing... so no skiing/and I don't have a bike

But it did hit -19 C the other day
    Gnar Cal!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    We can ride when its well below 0 in fact as long as your dressed for it its a lot of fun. I just don't like when there's a wind

Post some pics Padi I'd love to see some winter riding from Finland!
    Yeah, winter riding is fun as long as it isn't windy. -20-30 degrees Celsius doesn't feel cold when you've got a full face helmet and warm clothes on.

Well I'm sick now, and the most of the snow has melted away now as we had a couple of random rainy days this week, so there won't be pictures for a while.
    I'll try to get some next weekend though

mtbr member
    Went riding in OR yesterday, blackrock. Mid 40's with a little sun. Didnt feel very cold fter about 10 minutes of climbing.